School Maintenance Officer needed - immediate start - Daresbury - approx 17.5 - 20hrs a aweek (monday to friday, split shifts)
This a an ideal role for someone looking for a more flexible work pattern and to work in a lovely school environment. This role also has the opportunity to go permanent and to support other schools within the trust.
The ideal candidate will have a good background in maintaining and servicing properties (desirably in a school setting). The role will require a range of duties including:
- Maintain the buildings and amenities, including effecting repairs and improvements in order to fulfil the school's specific responsibilities
- Monitor and operate the engineering system and advise management of any faults in order to ensure the most economical use of fuel and water
- Discuss with and monitor the work of contractors engaged by the school and The Trust to ensure specified standards are achieved
- Monitor, operate and maintain appropriate site security systems, including opening and closing the building at the beginning and end of the school day, lettings outside school hours and responding to call-outs where necessary in order to provide satisfactory security arrangements. (NB Security company contract in place for out of hours call outs)
- Maintain and monitor health and safety standards, reporting any failures to comply with the school's statutory obligations in this area, and ensure that contractor's work meets Health and Safety Regulations
- Organise and carry out where necessary those portering duties, including the moving of furniture and the setting up and taking down of dining tables where appropriate, which will secure the most efficient use of resources
- Carry out cleaning duties as appropriate and as allocated through the apportionment of school cleaning activities
- Order supplies in order to maintain the necessary stock of appropriate resources
- Make necessary repairs to vandalism liaising with the Principal over use of external contractors as necessary
- Undertake internal decoration as agreed with the Principal
- Maintain the Hall floor in good condition
- Carry out necessary internal joinery liaising with the Principal over use of external contractors as necessary
- Maintenance Officer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'