** School Facilities Service Manager **
** Primary Schools based in Enfield over 5 sites **
** Immediate start **
** Long term contract **
A successful Multi-Academy Trust in Enfield require an experienced Facilities Service Manager to start as soon as possible, on a long- term contract. The school require someone that can work on their own initiative, who are reliable, hardworking and proactive with a good attitude and prepared to go the extra mile.
You will be responsible for the daily maintenance of the school grounds and building and minor maintenance repairs. You will also be responsible for liaising with sub-contractors and assisting the Head of Facilities with supervision, monitoring and training various different departments including cleaning, catering and admin.
Your day will consist of the following tasks:
- Conducting fire safety and H&S checks for the site
- Opening and closing of the school
- General school maintenance for buildings and surrounding grounds - basic handyman skills are a must.
- Checking the conditions of the buildings and playgrounds and reporting any faults
- Check the heating is operating and that timers are set correctly and working
- Event set up and take down
- To support and assist the school to conduct specific/ ad hoc caretaking tasks when required, or as part of duty schedule such as winter checks, planned maintenance and daily and weekly checks
- Being the onsite contact for contractors
- Ensure excellent customer service
- Be available for out of hours call outs
- Undertake instructions from Head and Deputy Head
- Experience in a similar role, ideally in an educational environment, primary or secondary school experience is a must.
- Good customer care and people skills
- Able to work independently and in a proactive manner, with the ability to manage own time to ensure activities are completed within agreed time frames
- Basic Handyman skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Able to obtain DBS (formally CRB) check (due to working alongside children)
- DBS on update service
- Car driver as there are multiple sites
- PC Literate
- Strong written and communication skills
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'