School Escort Area Co-ordinator
Are you available immediately and looking for the next challenge in your career?
Hampshire County Council are currently recruiting for a School Escort Area Co-ordinator based in Winchester to start as soon as possible on a temporary contract
In the role of School Escort Area Co-ordinator, you will be working as part of the Home to School Transport Team in our Children's Services Department, this is a key role in providing a front line service for the special educational needs home to school transport
- Communicate with 275 school escorts to resolve any operational issues/problems concerning the rostering of school escorts
- Liaise with SEN area planning teams to ascertain training requirements for the provision of appropriate School Escort
- Administer sensitive handling of complaints and issues regarding individual cases and passing more complex issues to line manager
- Often required to discuss welfare issues with School Escorts e.g. medical conditions, personal stress, bereavement and required to maintain a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality
- Maintain School Escort transport database, ensuring all records are accurate and regularly updated ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and compliance with the Data Protection Act
Role Requirements - Essential:-
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Able to prioritise workload
- Proven strong organisational skills, ability to work calmly under pressure, and ensure deadlines are met
- Proven ability to deal with delicate issues in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Able to demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly, firmly and sensitively both written and orally
- Competent in use of IT databases and computer literate
- Transport planning
- Understanding of Special Educational Needs and the associated risks
- Logistics planning
- The role of School Escort Area Co-ordinator is a 3 month temporary position with a possible extension to start as soon as possible
- The hourly rate on the role is £10.80
- The role requires and Enhanced DBS
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'