School Engagement Co-ordinators
Solihull Parent Carer Voice are looking for two School Engagement Co-ordinators.
Solihull Parent Carer Voice is a non-profit Community Interest Company, working to improve experiences and outcomes for Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities, and their families.
We are a small, flexible and passionate team, working together to help make Solihull a better place to live.
These roles are to work with schools across Solihull to set up parent engagement groups, bringing together school staff and parent to support engagement, and working together across the school community and to promote inclusion.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Working with 10 schools across Solihull, meeting with each school once per month to set up parent engagement groups within the school and working with school staff and parent carers to improve engagement and working together.
- Writing reports on each school visit and quarterly reports on themes and impact.
- Building relationships with school staff and parent carers
- Advertising and promoting engagement groups.
For these roles, you will need a good understanding of special educational needs and disabilities and the impact on families and schools.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills
- Is highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Has excellent relationship building skills
- Is creative and adaptable
- Able to work independently
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to learn new software applications
- Has knowledge of GDPR and the importance of confidentiality and integrity.
- Has experience of children and young people with SEND (either as a parent carer/family member or through work)
These roles are 20 hours per week, TERM TIME ONLY. Paid at £13/hour. This is a one year contract (extension subject to funding)
Working hours are flexible, however you will be required to go into each school once per month (and some schools will require meetings after the end of the school day so you must be able to work outside school hours on some occasions) You will also be required to work in the office at least one day per week (central Solihull) however there is flexibility with the rest of the working hours- these can be worked from home or in the office.
You must be able to travel around Solihull to visit schools.
Applications will be accepted until the 8th September please contact us with any questions.
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Build Strong Relationships
- Special Needs
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'