Work Relief Charity Recruitment is working on behalf of a major UK charity that specialises in providing health, well being and drug prevention education programmes to primary school children.
We are recruiting for a Trainer / Programme Delivery - Primary Schools to undertake the delivery of innovative primary school education sessions and take responsibility for their success across the Thames Valley area.
Educator - Primary Schools
Term Time (see advert), Permanent
Home Based covering schools throughout Thames Valley and North Hampshire
£19,250 - £25,410 per annum (pro-rata)
Full drivers licence and own vehicle essential.
Hours of work will average out over the course of the year to between 30 and 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, during term time, exact days will depend on school bookings.
The successful candidate will be required to commit to 10-12 weeks initial training prior to employment for which they will receive a training grant of circa £1,000 per month plus expenses.
Working autonomously in schools across Thames Valley and North Hampshire, the trainer will take overall responsibility for the delivery of a wide range of youth / children’s programme sessions within innovative mobile classroom settings. This is more than just a teacher role; it’s the opportunity to lead a ground breaking development programme for children (mainly primary school - occasionally up to Year 8). Programmes (which are separate for each of the age groups), last between 30 and 75 minutes, according to age, and are delivered to class groups.
With an overall remit to deliver the educational life skills programmes - duties will include:
- Delivery of specialised fun, age-appropriate and memorable health, well-being and drug prevention education programmes to children
- To organise and manage as directed the booking of schools in the local area
- To provide administrative support as required in relation to organising visits to schools,
- To provide support to ensure that schools contracting service are fully prepared to receive and maximise the benefit from the service, through effective planning, scheduling, timetabling and thorough preparation and follow-up work with teachers
The ideal candidate might have experience as a Trainer - Teacher - Teaching Assistant - Mentor - Youth Worker - Youth Engagement Officer - Programme Manager - Project Manager or any role in which you have engaged with and delivered materials to young people.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent experience of working with children within an educational setting
- An inspirational attitude that can inspire young people
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently deliver materials to potentially difficult audiences
- The ability to influence key members of school staff in organising the logistics of programme delivery
- A full UK Drivers licence and your own vehicle
- Located in or close to Reading
- Willingness and capability to work flexibly in regards to location and hours when the need arises
The successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory enhanced DBS clearance.
To apply, please email a copy of your up to date CV. All suitable candidates will be asked to complete an application form.
Closing date for return of completed application forms 8:00am - Monday 24th September 2018
Interviews to be held: 4th October 2018.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.
- Life Skills
- Programme Delivery
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"