School Design Technology Technician- 20hrs per week (over 3 days)
We are looking for an experienced Design Technology Technician to work within Secondary School in the Crewe area. This job starts ASAP on an ongoing temporary basis.
The Design and Technology Technician will support the department with all technician duties and ensure a positive student experience and a safe working environment.
The school has a thriving Design Technology department and is very supportive of its staff. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and friendly team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a workshop environment and a background in making things.
- Experience in the use of woodworking and engineering equipment such as circular saw and band saws, routers and portable power tools as well as lathes, milling and drilling machines.
- Ability to work with children of different abilities.
-Educated beyond 'A’ level or equivalent, eg. BTEC, HNC,HND, Degree in a relevant subject.
- Previous school experience is an advantage
Duties will include:
- To prepare materials and equipment for practical lessons.
- Assist in the production of Risk and COSHH assessments.
- To carry out a range of administrative tasks.
- To perform Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) within department and assist across the school.
- Supervise use of machinery during practical to ensure inexperienced students use the equipment safely.
If you feel you meet this criteria, please send your CV and we will be in touch to give you further details and answer any questions you have.
- Secondary School
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job