School Crossing Patrol Officer
Location: Thundersley Primary School, Hart Road
Contract: Permanent, Term Time
Salary: £7.88 per hour
Hours: 7.5 hours per week
Are you looking to represent your community? Essex County Council are currently recruiting for a School Crossing Patrol Officer to ensure the safety of children and others waiting to cross the road or crossing at a designated point between prescribed times, without detriment to the health and safety of all other road users.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- To have regard for the needs of people with disabilities, especially mobility impaired people wishing to use the crossing point.
- To maintain regular contact with the schools attended by children using the crossing.
- When requested, to assist children crossing the road when walking to and from special events.
- To regularly assess the risks associated with operating at the crossing site in order to identify any problems and to report problems and defects to a supervisor.
- To assist in the preparation of reports on accidents and failure to stop incidents, and other incidents occurring at the crossing site.
- To ensure that all uniform and equipment provided is maintained in a good condition and replacements are requested when needed.
- To give clear signals to drivers when stopping traffic, ensuring that the traffic remains at rest until the road at the crossing point is clear of pedestrians. When requested, to assist with road safety and pedestrian training.
- To carry out the Council's policy with regard to the school crossing patrol service, as outlined in the service handbook, and other policies and procedures, and Health and Safety requirements.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- <DIV><UL type=disc><LI><A style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT size=3 face=Arial>T</FONT></A><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt" face=Arial>o have regard for the n
- especially mobility impaired people wishing to use the crossing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job