School Crossing Patrol Officer - Gloucester Avenue, Chelmsford
Location:Gloucester Avenue, Chelmsford
Hours: 7.5 hours per week
Are you looking to represent your community? Essex County Council is currently recruiting for a School Crossing Patrol Officer to ensure the safety of children and others waiting to cross the road, or crossing at a designated point between prescribed times, without detriment to the health and safety of all other road users.
- To have regard for the needs of people with disabilities, especially mobility impaired people wishing to use the crossing point.
- Maintain regular contact with the schools attended by children using the crossing.
- When requested, assist children crossing the road when walking to and from special events.
- To regularly assess the risks associated with operating at the crossing site in order to identify any problems and report these to your supervisor.
- To assist in the preparation of reports on accidents and failure to stop incidents and other incidents occurring at the crossing site.
- To ensure that all uniform and equipment provided is maintained in good condition and replacements requested when needed.
- To give clear signals to drivers when stopping traffic and ensuring that the traffic remains at rest until the road at the crossing point is clear of pedestrians.
- To carry out the Council's policy with regard to the school crossing patrol service, as outlined in the service handbook and other policies and procedures, and Health and Safety requirements.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- <DIV><UL type=disc><LI><A style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT size=3 face=Arial>T</FONT></A><FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt" face=Arial>o have regard for the n
- especially mobility impaired people wishing to use the crossing