School Catering Assistant
You will be working in Local Schools preparing and serving Breakfast and lunch to both children and staff.
Duties and responsibilities
• To carry out basic food preparation as directed by the cook or Catering Manager.
• To carry out washing up and cleaning in the kitchen, servery and dining areas as required.
• Preparation of servery counters and dining areas for service.
• To serve customers in a friendly and pleasant manner.
• Following instructions issued by the Cook or Catering Manager.
• Operating a till when necessary.
• To carry out all tasks with due regard to the contract specification and all legislation including Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Personal Hygiene.
• To ensure correct materials, equipment and methods are used at all times and equipment is kept clean and in good working order. Report faulty machinery/equipment immediately.
• Be punctual for start and finish times.
Skills and experience
Previous catering experience is essential and a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate would be an advantage
this role may extend past a month and has the potential to become permanent for interested candidates
Due to the nature and environment of the role an Enhanced DBS will be completed
- Food Hygiene
- Health Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job