Caretaker requires for a primary school in Coventry -
Your new organisation
Will be lovely primary school on the outskirts of Coventry, is looking for a caretaker to cover long term sick - this should be ongoing until the end of the academic year, July 2018
Your new role
To be responsible by day-to-day direction of the Headteacher for all activities associates with Janitor and Handyman duties to undertake work general maintenance around the school and deliver cleaning duties
Main duties and responsibilities Included the following but not limited to: Janitor:
- To be responsible for the security of the building and grounds, including routine and non-routine opening of the school and setting of alarms (this may include in working some Saturdays)
- Ensure the whole site is kept free of litter and rubbish which includes falling leaves and daily emptying of bins
- Ensure steps are taken so delivery trucks can gain access to the property during school hours. Prevent vehicles parking in unauthorised areas and to prevent trespassers on site.
- Responsible for reporting and repairs and maintenance needs, this will be project managed by yourself on behalf of the Headteacher
- Inspect all plays areas and equipment to remove any dangerous materials or objects
Undertaking minor repairs and maintenance work in the following areas:
- Electrical (Basic)
- General repairs and maintenance
Supervise and direct all school cleaner undertaking and completing relevant pare work e.g timesheets.
For more details on the job description please don't hesitate to contact me.