Caretaker / Site Manager position
A fantastic Primary School located on the Essex/Hertfordshire border, are currently looking to appoint a Caretaker to join them as soon as possible. They are ideally looking for someone with experience working as a Caretaker/ Facilities Manager, experience working within a school setting would be advantageous. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a great school among a friendly and supportive team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good knowledge of COSHH
- A current DBS (Registered to the update service)
- A confident and friendly approach
- Awareness of the main requirements of health and safety legislation.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
- Be responsible for ensuring the security of school buildings, site and resources.
- Act as a designated key holder, providing out of hours and emergency access to the school site
- Arrange for general maintenance within specialist areas such as heating, lighting and plumbing to ensure safe and effective operation
- Be responsible for regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment
- Ensure compliance within the school with all health and safety responsibilities for example COSHH, ladder, asbestos, legionella and
- Maintain Asset Register liaising with other staff as appropriate
- Keep accurate paper and electronic records of relevant safety checks
- Supervise and manage contract cleaners and cover cleaning staff absences as necessary
- Order premises related resources and assist in distributing orders
- Manage the maintenance requirements of the school to support a regular and cost-effective maintenance programmes
- Manage the regular checking and operation of systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
- In conjunction with the Business Manager, arrange quotes and manage the appointments of external contractors
- Undertake premises related risk assessments
- Liaise with Business Manager on all aspects of premises issues.
- Monitoring utility usage and act to reduce expenditure where appropriate.
- Liaise with Business Manager in updating and maintaining the school maintenance plan
- Complete termly H&S checklist inspections
The post will be on a split-shift basis with the hours likely to be 7a.m - 10am & 3pm - 6pm although there is scope for this to change depending on the candidates requirements.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
- Site Management
- Safety Regulations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'