Are you flexible, persistent and relentlessly optimistic? Would you like a chance to work in a challenging and unpredictable environment?
Salary dependent upon experience
Job Type: Full-time - Part -time - hours negotiable
· Former experience of working in a school
· knowledge of SIMS and FMS
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Manage the financial functions of the school.
- Manage the HR systems.
- Provide, and maintain good communication between staff on all sites.
- Be an ambassador for the school when meeting parents and other visitors and act as the first point of reference when people arrive.
- The Business Manager needs to be able to meet the complex needs of the hospital school, and to be flexible in responding to requests from the senior management team, school staff, parents and children, as is commensurate with the role.
- The role of the Business Manager is seen as integral to the whole staff team; this will sometimes need a response to particular events and crises that can happen within a hospital school setting.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Balance Month End, Payroll and any queries, VAT return
- In partnership with the finance Governor and Head Teacher manage the school’s budget and ensure it is balanced, realistic and represents an effective use of public funds.
- Monitor the budget monthly, advising the head teacher where revisions or changes are needed.
- Forecast future years’ budgets, based on the school’s estimated funding and trends in expenditure, to enable the head teacher to make strategic and long-term decisions.
- Issue petty cash in the absence of the Finance Officer.
- Assist the Finance Officer in issuing dinner money to community pupils.
- Maintain SIMS package.
- Monitor petty cash alongside the finance officer
- In the absence of the Finance Officer to ensure that the ordering is completed and check that goods have been received.
- With the finance Officer monitor the Charity account and liaise with the Chair of the Charity.
- Monitor the school’s payroll provision with the payroll provider and discuss any issues with the Head teacher in order to ensure staff pay is correct.
- Ensure that recruitment, appraisal, disciplinary and grievance policies are administered in accordance with employment law.
- Liaise with HT and HR in RBKC re any issues.
- Update each term the schools staffing structure.
- Provide RBKC with relevant paper work for DBS forms.
- Responsible for the recordkeeping of support staff’s annual leave entitlement and sickness absence.
- Complete any returns required by the DfE.
- Work closely with the school’s finance officer ensuring orders and deliveries to hospital schools are efficiently
Health & Safety
- With the Senior Management Team ensure the school is compliant with health and safety regulations and put in place processes and procedures to ensure the safety of all in the school.
- With the Senior management Organise health and safety and first aid training for staff.
Track all school policies and ensure they are updated in accordance with the policy review schedule.
- Keep records in accordance with the school’s record retention schedule and data protection law.
- Maintain general and confidential HR filing system on the database.
- Act as first point of reference, receive callers, pupils, parents, visitors and telephone enquiries and take appropriate action on own initiative if necessary.
- Responsible for regular communication of messages and queries by telephone and email.
- Telephone families if community students are absent without reason.
- Offer a helpful approachable service to all enquiries and take appropriate action on own initiative, resolving minor matters and referring more serious matters to an appropriate member of staff.
- Responsible for keeping an up to date staff telephone and address directory.
- Attend weekly meeting with head teacher to discuss short and long-term plans relating to all aspects of school management and functions.
- Attend daily morning meetings with staff.
- Ensure communication within the school operates effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for the organisation of the office, ensuring its efficiency, effectiveness, and appropriately equipped.
- Responsible for the development of office administration systems, including systems for the control and management of office and school supplies in conjunction with the Finance Officer.
- Responsible for ordering furniture and stationery for the office in conjunction with the Finance Officer.
- Arrange advertisements, provide recruitment packs, arrange interviews and collate selection packs for interview panel in conjunction with the head teacher. Show interviewees/visitors around hospital as requested by the head teacher.
School based requirements
- Responsible for setting up files for each child and issuing parents with forms, e.g. dinner money forms, child/parent details forms.
- Responsible for arranging transportation with taxi-company for day pupils under the direction of teachers.
- Responsible for uploading all documentation pertaining to each child on school database.
- Responsible for telephoning parents as and when directed by school staff.
- Responsible for all queries pertaining to parking tickets issued to school minibus.
- Responsible for reporting minibus breakdown and arranging for repairs to be carried out.
- Maintain and update staff driving history yearly. Keep account of staff MIDAS status.
- Ensure MOT, tax and disability badges are up to date.
- Responsible for the renewal for all minibus exemption docs
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'