A secondary school in Tower Hamlets that are looking for a School Attendance Administrator to start asap.
Hays Education are working on behalf of a secondary school in Tower Hamlets, London that are looking for a School Attendance Administrator to cover a long-term absence, starting as soon as possible.
1. To receive registers and record attendance and absence explanations accurately on Sims.net.
2. To monitor attendance and use Sims.net to generate letters requesting medical evidence and warning parents of the consequences of poor attendance when appropriate.
3. To contact parents if an explanation for absence is not received.
4. Under the guidance of the Headteacher, to complete all paperwork necessary for legal proceedings relating to poor attendance.
5. Follow the school's attendance policy.
6. To notify the Headteacher of any concerns regarding individual pupil attendance.
7. To respond appropriately to pupil requests for leave during the school term.
8. To provide information to the Headteacher for meetings with the school Borough Attendance Officer.
1. To be wholly responsible for organising and managing the administrative procedures relating to admissions, pupil records and photos, and pupils with SEN (under the direction of the Inclusion Coordinator). To ensure that all appropriate records are complete and maintained and necessary returns are completed and submitted by published deadlines.
2. Assist at Admission Intake meeting for new Reception parents.
O:\APPOINT\Job Descriptions\Admin Staff\Current\JD - School Office Assistant (Admissions & Attendance) December 2014.docx
3. In liaison with the School Nurse, to arrange health care plans prior to admission for
pupils with medical needs.
4. To arrange home visits for new Reception children and check Corporate Warning
5. Ensure all school admissions packs are kept up-to-date in liaison with the
6. To maintain all pupil records in an accurate and timely fashion - both electronic and
7. To complete transfer arrangements for leavers to high schools and other primaries.
1. To hold and maintain a Paediatrics First Aid qualification.
2. To attend training for specific medical conditions and deliver medical interventions as
appropriate and in line with school policy.
3. To administer first aid, and, where previously agreed by the Headteacher, medication
to pupils and staff in line with the school's policy.
4. To care for distressed pupils, including those who have been sick or soiled
themselves (supervising and supporting cleaning up). Attend to the child's personal
needs and liaise with parents as appropriate in accordance with the school's Intimate
Care policy. If required, accompany pupils to hospital.
General Administration / Other Duties
1. To maintain an effective computerised system for record keeping processes
(Sims.net) and to attend training courses as necessary to keep up-to-date with
2. To be responsible for the organisation and management of the Sims.net end of year
procedures that lead to be school being promoted for the next academic year.
3. To be responsible for the pupil returns required by the LA and DfE including the
Nursery headcount and School Census returns liaising with the SBM.
4. To arrange and oversee the visit of the school photographer.
5. To be responsible for the administration of the on-road cycle training.
6. Assist the School Business Manager with maintaining the electronic signing in
7. To be responsible for all school post including opening, distributing and mailing.
8. To be able to use and update the school's MLE.
9. To answer the main telephone.
10. To be able to use Parent Pay in the absence of colleagues.
11. To copy and distribute general school letters and any other documents requested by
12. To distribute school reports and accompanying paperwork in a timely manner so that
they are copied, collated and filed in line with deadlines advised by the Headteacher.
13. Check deliveries upon arrival and record on the relevant paperwork so that invoices
may be settled.
14. To copy and distribute papers for the Governing Body and upload onto the Document
15. In the event of the fire alarm sounding, take registers, head count sheets, mobile
phone and Visitor's Book to the assembly point and assist with roll call.
16. To assist in the promotion of the school through the sensitive dealings with pupils,
parents and visitors at all times.
17. Cover duties of other administrative staff as required during periods of sickness or
18. To assist the SBM, Headteacher and other staff as required.
19. To take messages and make appointments as appropriate for team members.
20. Deal with queries and requests from visitors and callers in a friendly, efficient and positive manner and handle difficult situations.
21. To perform any other duty as can be reasonably expected within the boundaries of the school office environment.
22. To ensure visitors to the site have appropriate identification, are signed in and out and wear the appropriate badge whilst on site.
23. To order school uniform for both parents and the school, ensure an appropriate amount of stock is held in school and take payments.
24. To perform general administrative tasks such as photocopying, filing and record keeping.
25. On occasion, to take monies to Barclays Bank and Lloyds.
26. To perform any other duty as can be reasonably expected within the boundaries of the school office environment.
- school administrator
- school receptionist