This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant to join the Finance team of a very well established and renowned local charitable organisation (independent school).
This is a key role and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The successful candidate will bring excellent organisational, and interpersonal skills. The ability to manage multiple projects and deliver within a fast-paced and varied environment is essential, along with a 'can do’ attitude.
This is a challenging and varied role, the main aspects of which are listed below:
- Production of Management Accounts.
- Preparation and maintenance of cash flow forecasts
- Calculation of bank covenants and communication of compliance risks.
- Preparing Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and balance sheets in accordance with the charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP).
Payroll and PAYE
- Payroll processing on a monthly basis and submission of RTI.
- Online payment of monthly HMRC and Pension payroll calculation.
- Year-end payroll process including production and filing of P60’s and P35
- P11D calculations
- Maintenance of VAT records, including the production and filing of quarterly VAT returns
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets
- Authorisation of bank payments for payroll and purchase ledger via BACS and online banking
- Regular review of bank accounts and bank reconciliation.
- Covering for the COO on finance related matters during holiday/sickness.
- Attending all necessary Governors meetings, with some out of hours.
- Supervision of a small team
The successful candidate will be a well organised individual with strong communication skills and a flexible attitude. You will ACA or ACCA Qualified and ideally have previous experience within the Education or Charitable sector.
Hours and Benefits
- The working hours consist of a 35 hour week.
- You are entitled to 25 days holidays (plus statutory holidays).
- A free lunch,
- 5% contributory pension scheme
- Free parking.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment Specialist, acting as an employment agency. Please note that due to the high volume of responses, Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within 48 hours.
- Management Accounts