Schemes Manager - Civils - Freelance
Your new company
Working for one of the UK's largest contractors who operate both in the UK and Internationally. They specialise in Civils, Infrastructure, Defence, Health and Education.
Your new role
Schemes Manager required in the Cambridgeshire area, you will be required to plan, organise, direct and manage Highway schemes for local Highways. Ensuring each scheme is delivered safely, to quality and meets commercial/financial and programme targets.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Be the lead on scheme projects from transport planning stage to commercial completion.
- Ensure all scheme tasks are programmed, planned, supervised and executed in accordance with specifications, drawings, dimensions and within agreed commercial limits.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of in-house operatives and Supply Chain Partners.
- Responsible for the onsite delivery in Health & Safety of directly employed inhouse Operatives and Supply Chain Partners
- Monitor performance of teams (quality, health & safety, work performance) and report on the findings.
- Undertake investigations into any issues such as absence, poor performance, incidents, accidents
- Deliver regular toolbox talks and safety briefings to site staff
- Ensure sufficient resource is available for each stage of the scheme whilst meeting financial controls and targets
- Work closely with the Scheme Quantity Surveyor through ensuring early warnings are submitted on time though the correct channels.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience working in a similar role is essential
- Programming skills
- Take ownership and responsibility for the scheme
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Able to manage and implement change
- High level of attention to detail
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Team player and Self-motivated
- SMSTS or HNC in relevant discipline (or equivalent)
- NRSWA (supervisor)
- CSCS - supervisor
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading contractor with an extremely busy order book
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job