Job Title - Scheme Sponsor
Location - London, Eversholt Street
Rates - £338.31 Ltd/Umbrella or £299.53 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on HS2 enabling works at Euston. To support the development of Network Rail strategy for new High Speed routes including the integration of HS2 with the national rail network. To support the project sponsorship and programme management, of High Speed 1, which successfully delivers all schemes through the project life cycle.
Producing documents for Project Managers and focusing on project and client meetings with third parties.
Dealing with regulated change and review costs of programmes.
What you will do:
- Schemes and work streams as directed by the project sponsor. Demonstrate the right behaviours to successfully build lasting and collaborative relationships including confidentiality.
- Support the interests of the client, customer or stakeholder where appropriate within Network Rail.
- Prepare remits working with the client, customer, and stakeholder requirements to test the viability of proposed schemes taking in to account value for money, network availability and capacity for future development and whole life cost and disseminate lessons learnt.
- Prepare investment papers for small / medium sized schemes and support the business case process.
- Prepare and monitor progress on the initial project plan and budget; working with the project sponsor and project manager to specify how the project will be delivered, expected milestones and associated timescales, risks and issues. Effectively manage change through the formal control process
- Communicate and report project progress status to the sponsor, client, customer and stakeholders against defined and agreed milestones.
- Participate in negotiations with customers and stakeholders on commercial and contractual terms in accordance with relevant corporate policy and strategy.
- Comply with the requirements of corporate investment regulations, other corporate governance and the GRIP process. Adhere to corporate processes, including those related to finance, legal and corporate affairs, safety and CDM.
- Manage your direct reports to achieve business and functional objectives and meet agreed performance measures. Proactively contribute to the development, engagement, safety and welfare of yourself and your team.
Your experience will include:
- Major infrastructure experience
- Experience of presentations
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Scheme Sponsor</strong></p><p>