Exceptional opportunity in Southampton for a Resource Controller to join a truly different and unique organisation
Your new company
Our client is a leading service provider of building and maintenance support across southern England. They have an excellent reputation for delivering flexible, tailored services, including new builds, major and minor refurbishments, alterations, extensions and rolling programmes of works across all building types and in both the public and private sectors.
Due to continued success and growth, our client are now looking to recruit an experienced Resource Controller to join their offices in Southampton.
Your new role
As a Resource Controller you will supervise your team ensuring efficient and effective logistical management and resourcing of Trade Operatives and Sub-Contractors to meet Repair Appointments, and achieve their purpose of the right repair and the right time.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring that repair appointments are efficiently and effectively resourced and managed
- Planning for future jobs and appointments anticipating capability to meet the demand through resourcing of operatives and sub-contractors
- Allocating the right operatives, based on skills, availability and locality to the jobs that are nearing completion to ensure we meet appointment times/response times and minimise travel and downtime.
- Ensuring the Job Management Systems, and any other system(s) used to deliver the service, are updated in a timely and accurate way.
- Constantly monitoring the appointment screens and statuses to identify potential issues before they happen to make the correct decisions to rectify
- Managing PPM tasks to ensure completed within the required timeframes and keep database updated.
- Manage materials service including ordering, deliveries and liaising with suppliers to source required parts and van stock reviews.
- Lead improvement projects to improve the service delivery to our clients
- Collect and collate client/resident satisfaction feedback and report on trends and improvement ideas
- Manage complaints process
- Any other duties as required by the Contract Manager
Who are our client looking for?
As the ideal Resource Controller, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades and the tasks/activities that can be undertaken be each trade group. (Essential)
- Good understanding of Southampton geography including streets, the best routes, and travel times between different locations. (Essential)
- Experience working in a Call Centre (Desirable)
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in Maths and English. (Desirable)
- NVQ 3/BTEC or equivalent in Business Administration/Studies or Customer Services (Desirable)
- Full clean driving licence. (Desirable)
- Be effective in communicating with clients and in house teams to build professional and lasting relationships
- Able to organise, prioritise and schedule jobs to meet appointments by planning into the future
- Proficient in using MS Office applications and Job Management Systems.
What you will get in return
In return for your hard work as a Resource Controller, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £25,000. In addition, you will have access to our suite of benefits which include the ability to buy or sell holiday to tailor you holiday to your individual requirements, our cycling scheme to save money on new bikes as well as a childcare voucher scheme.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in the role of Resource Controller, our client want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
- Resource Controller