Scenes of Crime Officer
Scenes of Crime Officer - £21,999 to £26,535 DOE per annum – Quedgeley – Full Time Permanent
Gloucestershire Constabulary are recruiting for a new addition to join the Scenes of Crime Department as an operational Scenes of Crime Officer.
We will accept applications from fully or part qualified Scenes of Crime Officers (CSIs), with operational experience in the role of Scenes of Crime Officer (CSI) or Assistant Scenes of Crime Officer (VCSI).
This position would be ideal for individuals who are looking for a new challenge, working to the highest standards as part of an innovative and dynamic team, and to those who are looking for further development and progression from the role of Assistant SOCO / VCSI.
Individuals will be considered on the following basis:
- Completed the College of Policing Crime Scene Investigator Programme Stage 1 training, or equivalent, including the completion of any associated portfolios of evidence.
- Must be willing to complete the Stage 2 Training and associated Stage 2 portfolio at the earliest opportunity. Remuneration will be scale 5 plus allowances, pending successful completion of training course and sign off of portfolio. Following successful completion and sign off of the Stage 2 training and associated portfolio, the individual will progress to scale 6 plus allowances.
- Completed the College of Policing Crime Scene Investigator Programme Stage 1 training, or equivalent, including the completion of any associated portfolios of evidence. Completed College of Policing Crime Scene Investigator Stage 2 training, or equivalent, but has not completed the associated Stage 2 portfolio.
- Must be willing to complete the associated Stage 2 portfolio at the earliest opportunity. Remuneration will be scale 5 plus allowances, pending successful completion of training course and sign off of portfolio. Following successful completion and sign off of the Stage 2 associated portfolio, individual will progress to scale 6 plus allowances.
- Demonstrable experience as a Scenes of Crime Officer / Crime Scene Investigator or Assistant Scenes or Crime Officer / Assistant Crime Scene Investigator.
- Accessing of confined spaces and lifting of heavy items will be necessary at times, therefore an appropriate level of personal fitness is essential.
- A good level of IT literacy, including knowledge of the office suite applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work under stressful and traumatic circumstances, dealing with situations, victims and their families in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- The individual will preferably have completed the College of Policing Crime Scene Investigator Programme Stage 1 and 2 training and completed any associated portfolios, or equivalent training.
- Attend Scenes of Crime or critical incidents to perform a forensic investigation in order to recover and record forensic evidence and intelligence.
- Advise Forensic Services customers on scene preservation, forensic strategy and other forensic related matters, including crime scene links and patterns.
- Ensure forensic evidence is documented on force systems and stored in accordance with national and force protocols.
- Disseminate intelligence to other forces and internally.
- Prepare statements and exhibits for court in support of investigating officers, attending and presenting evidence on behalf of the force when required.
- Provide forensic awareness training and attachments for police officers and staff.
- Maintain all scenes of crime equipment including vehicles and photographic equipment.
- Carry out additional duties when required including, attending post mortems; assisting in the allocation and coordination of incidents; clerical work and supporting the maintenance of the Quality Management System.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job