SCCM Infrastructure Engineer
SCCM Infrastructure Engineer
To join a small focused team of within the SportsDirect IT Department who are responsible for the deployment, management and operation of the servers in the Groups datacenters, as well as deployment and management of all workstations operating systems and applications within the Group.
The SCCM Infrastructure Engineers primary task is to provide enterprise-level design, configuration, administration & support of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2016 and all its constituent components for .
Currently, the SCCM environment supports roughly 11,000 devices (clients and servers), at over 1,000 locations across the Europe and Asia.
- Dependable, motivated, you will take responsibility for your own workload and take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution.
- Able to prioritise your own workload in line with the team objectives.
- You will also be driven to make effective use of your working day.
- Design and maintain SCCM Windows OS deployment and automated build processes, and images
- Packaging and deploying applications using SCCM Application Framework
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnosis of SCCM OS deployment issues
- Manage and maintain software packaging and patching strategies for Windows OS’s
- Manage and monitoring the Antivirus
- Creating and deploying compliance baselines to defined system roles, and ensuring that they are remediated where necessary
- Performing upgrades of the SCCM infrastructure where required
- Produce concise and accurate documentation
- Develop training and guides to delegate elements of SCCM management and administration
- Experience in the administration and configuration of SCCM 2016 Infrastructure
- WSUS and System Center Update Publisher, managing Maintenance Windows and ADR’s
- Experience with Windows operating system deployment automation, imaging, upgrades, configuration management and troubleshooting (creating, and maintaining Task Sequences, Drive Packages, Operating Systems images)
- Deployment, installation and administration of Microsoft products including Office and Non-Microsoft products via SCCM
- MDT & WDS
- Group Policy
- Writing SQL & WQL queries
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills
- PKI and Bitlocker and Certificate management within SCCM
- Understanding of WMI and how it pertains to SCCM
- Configuration and Troubleshooting skills in SQL, IIS, WSUS as it pertains to SCCM
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals
- App-V 5 sequencing experience
- Good working knowledge of desktop and peripheral hardware and technologies
- Experience with manual and automated software installation and troubleshooting
- Virtualisation VMware / Hyper-V
- Application Packaging (Installshield)
- Microsoft Intune
Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
- Able to analyse a system understand the components and their dependencies and work to isolate issues
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of how to research a new problem and find solutions
- Demonstrated ability to self-learn
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"