SC Cleared Network Engineer - Urgent Contract
SC Cleared Network Engineer required.
The SC Cleared Network Engineer will assist in defining and reviewing the technical requirements for an Oracle virtual network installation, including security, integration, performance, quality and operations requirements.
The Network Engineer will own the creation of technical solution blueprints and design and be hands on with the deployment and setup of the IP Exchange and supporting ACLs.
- Network engineer with knowledge of virtualisation and how this plays into networking
- Deep understanding of enterprise class data centre networking solutions including ACLs and subnetting
- Use of software driven networking / architecture
- Experience of network design to support multiple environments and data separation
- Exposure to Oracle virtualised networking would be advantageous
- Networking: understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting and Address Management, firewalling and load balancers
- Experience with network components such as, ASR routers, switches, firewalls, ASA, etc).Virtual networking components VSG, Nexus1000V, BGP & OSPF protocol, Cisco UCS and storage
- CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Experience supporting large enterprise deployments.
- Hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based operating systems including strong CLI skill set and working knowledge of general system and network troubleshooting tools (e.g. WireShark)
- Good practical working ability with Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
The successful candidate will be SC cleared and come with a proven track record of working on HM Government related projects.
For more information on this role please contact Neil Morgan at McGregor Boyall.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"