Saw Operative / Fabricator – Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are currently advertising for a Saw Operative / Fabricator to join this highly successful company with headquarters in Clacton on Sea.
The key focus of this role will be to ensure that goods are produced in line with the company and customer requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner and in accordance with safe systems of work.
You will have proven experience of operating saw machinery to close tolerances and fabricating items accurately using CAD drawings, with a strong attention to detail and positive attitude to work. You will need to be a good team player and able to work on your own initiative but also welcome instruction and suggestions.
What Experience or Skills Do You Need:
- Experience in fabricating structures / walkway platforms / show stands / mock up displays
- Previous experience using chop saws, and use of hand power tools
- Cutting and/or Painting of Customer Orders in line with specifications, company processes and customer requirements ensuring materials are cut in according to paperwork and small tolerances, including fiberglass, wood plastic composite, wood, steel, metal or plastic
- CNC of Job when required to customer requirements
- Loading/stacking, wrapping and palletising of goods ready for collection and customer delivery
- Contribute to quality control of goods, taking photos of goods and applying Quality Control stickers according to process after inspection
- Ensuring that the yard and factory are kept clean and tidy and that goods are easily accessible and stored in the correct location
- Ensuring that all equipment is maintained in line with machine requirements
- Health and Safety awareness
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes
- Reliable and flexible attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Proactive and positive approach to work
- Good communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Experience in use all types of cutting machinery
- Experience of working to measurement tolerances
- Experiencing of using resins and bonding application would be an advantage
- Knowledge of fiberglass and wood plastic products would be very advantageous
- 20 days per annum plus 8 bank Holidays – (5 days must be taken at Xmas).
- Option to purchase 5 additional days
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme provided by People’s Pension
- Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work, Child Care Vouchers
- Training Support Offered including Fire Marshalling / First Aider / FLT certification
- Use of kitchen facilities with free tea & coffee.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company who have recently received a Queens Recognition Award, who are independently owned and managed, offering a competitive salary, monthly bonus and attractive benefits, combined with a great working environment. This is a full-time role working 40 hours p/w, Monday to Friday 8.15 – 17.00.
If you have the necessary skills and think you are well suited to this opportunity, please forward a completely up to date CV to be considered. All successful applications will be contacted via telephone for an initial assessment. We look forward to hearing from you.
Additional keywords: Fabricator, saw, welder, production, CAD, operations, manufacturing, fork lift, fabrication
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.