Group Supply Chain Manager
SAP - Supply Chain Manager - Manufacturing - Todmorden, West Yorkshire
A unique opportunity has come up for a Group Supply Chain Manager, to work for a world leader in the design and manufacturing of mining equipment (pumps, valves and materials). This is a senior role, reporting to the Operations Director who reports to the Managing Director.
This is a strategic Supply Chain role to ensure the continued improvement of Supply Chain activities by, reducing lead-time and costs to the business, driving a goal of zero errors in the standard process by adding value to engineering, sales, marketing and other departments.
As the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for managing the entire Supply Chain Function for Europe.
This is a critical role within Supply Chain and accountable for a number of functions which include Warehouse, Shipping and Purchasing.
You will be highly proficient using SAP, for reporting, to drive efficiencies in Inventory levels through stock reduction, review and improve logistics and purchasing process.
The position will be involved in the strategic management and performance of the supply chain function, with special emphasis towards On Time Delivery for Supplier, Aftermarket and Original Equipment.
The post holder will report into the Operations Director. In this role you will be responsible for approximately 45 employees, inventory circa £17M and the delivery of a monthly customer order book in excess of £10M.
There are numerous success measures in this role, however the main KPI's would include:
- Increase OTD AM
- Increased OTD OE
- Increase supplier OTD
- Increased Inventory turns
- Improved safety
- Decreased lead-time
- Implement S&OP
- Effective performance management and succession plans of the team in line with policies, to ensure training and development is identified with action plans followed through.
Interface of Supply Chain
- Highlight areas of improvement in the Supply Chain plan to meet the current business plan.
- Develop clear KPI's to, to be able to understand and report on our ability throughout the month to meet output targets and highlighting any risks to the business.
Leading Purchasing function
- Ensure priorities and methods best balance the needs of the business and customers.
- To ensure a reliable and flexible supply base, to lead new supplier activity in such a way that ensure the performance of supply chain.
- To achieve Total cost savings to the business, reduce supplier quality issues and errors in both parts and paperwork.
Lead and drive Warehousing function
- Implement strategy to minimize lead-times between actions, including a targeted same day processing time for warehouse functions.
- To ensure that all members of the team can operate in a safe environment using appropriate material and manual handling techniques and identify most appropriate transport methods and routes, ensure plan is deployed.
Strategic direction of Planning & Expediting function
- Providing a day to day production plan to balance these requirements, providing a view of our capacities and lead-times to support our customers, to guarantee customer OTD
- To provide priority lists to the manufacturing and procurement teams to ensure our performance, to reduce our inventory footprint, whilst supporting our customer.
To develop and implement the S&OP process
- Develop the S&OP process, implement the S&OP process linking both supply plan, demand plan to the business plan.
- Hold monthly meetings to review this output highlighting any gaps in supply or demand, and any risk to the annual business plan, develop mid to long term plans to develop effective distribution networks to support our changing business.
Manage the Strategic supply chain
- To ensure continued improvement of Supply Chain activities, to reduce lead-time and cost to the business, with a goal of zero errors in the standard process
Send your CV now for an immediate response and interviews which will be held at short notice, next week.
Salary: Competitive pay DOE - details available on successful application.
Benefits: Generous benefits package, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Employee Reward Scheme, Free parking, Pension Scheme and more.
Location: Todmorden, West Yorkshire.
Commutable form: Keighley, Bradford, Burnley, Rochdale, Halifax, Huddersfield
WR Support Services are the #1 recruitment partner for supply chain, procurement and marketing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"