The Panama programme was created to transfer npower Business (SME) customers to our Domestic SAP platform.
We need to move from our old, legacy IT systems to support our business in the 'Smart world' resulting in one platform for Domestic and Business customers, where possible using our existing SAP service and billing capability to handle the volumes that the Domestic and Business markets require.
This is a massive change to our business and we need you, as a SAP expert, to join our MI Reporting Team within npower Business supporting our Customer Services division and ultimately owning and controlling SAP reporting, generating ideas and supporting the existing reporting team to better understand how SAP reporting is built and maintained.
You will be partnering with the business to understand their reporting requirements to be able to develop reporting suites which can be used and adapted depending on the reporting requests. You will be an expert on SAP with the ability to not only develop reports but understand them as well to explain the details back to the business for awareness of how and what we are reporting.
As a 12 month fixed term contract this role there will be two key objectives. Firstly focusing on the development of SAP reporting suites. Secondly support the existing MI Reporting Team in developing their understanding of SAP.
- Developing SAP reports in order to determine workloads per team and performance tracking at a departmental, process and agent level
- Providing the wider business and various stakeholders of all levels with dashboard summaries on how the business is performing and recommendations on how we can improve performance using the reporting metrics
- Gain knowledge on key business KPIs and have the ability to explain reporting metrics behind these
- Checking scheduled reports – understanding the SAP data issues and communicate accordingly to the business of any concerns or changes.
- Drive SAP reporting not only across the business but across teams, sharing knowledge and understanding to ultimately support the team becoming experts in this field.
Skills and experience
You will need to:
- Have extensive experience and knowledge of SAP products including SAP BW and Bex Query Designer
- Have experience with Excel
- Be able to cope well with change and drive initiatives
- Be able to manage stakeholders expectations and communicate at all levels of seniority
- Have experience developing reports and analysing MI/Data
- Ideally have a background within a Data and MI environment
- Have a numerical and logical approach – analysing data sets
- Support business stakeholders in understanding SAP capability and aligning with business requirements
It would be nice if you also had, but not essential:
- Experience using SQL
- Energy Industry experience
- Access Databases
Why work for us
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long term ambitions.
npower (Npower Group plc) is one of Britain’s leading energy companies, and is part of the innogy SE group.
We serve around 5.1 million residential and business accounts with electricity and gas, with key sites in the Midlands, North and North-East of England.
Every year, we issue over 22 million bills and answer around 12 million phone calls.
npower is one of the most successful providers of energy supply and solutions to British businesses, and are the first energy company to be awarded the Carbon Trust Triple Award for sustainable management of energy, waste and water.
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: We operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job