required to work for Northumbrian Water, Washington site.
Full time temporary role for 18 months
Monday to Friday
£9.58 - £11.97 per hour
The following duties are required:
1. Carry out all sampling activities in accordance with appropriate quality procedures re the Scientific Services Quality manual.
2. Carrying out pre-determined sampling programme in accordance with Scientific Services procedures.
3. Organise own workload to collect samples in the most efficient manner to ensure return of samples to the laboratory within designated timescales
4. Daily maintenance and calibration of sampling and site testing equipment.
5. Day to day contact with clients when on their sites.
6. Complete all paperwork accurately in accordance with relevant quality procedures and within agreed time-scales.
7. Participation in standby and weekend and rotas as required
8. Carrying out pre-determined analysis on site in accordance with Scientific Services procedures.
JOB OUTLINE/KEY RESULT AREAS
* Take routine samples in accordance with the compliance sample program
* Take routine samples in accordance with quality procedures within designated work area i.e. water supply/ environmental
* Provide polite efficient customer service to customers
* Plan and organise own time
MEASURES OF SUCCESS/STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
* Samples taken in accordance with correct method procedure
* Accurate and timely completion of related documentation
* All scheduled samples, re-samples and rescheduled samples taken in accordance with quality procedures within agreed timescales.
* Ability to respond to on-site problems, short notice requests and varying day-to-day workloads.
* Able to respond to programmed, non-programmed and ad-hoc requests allowing 365 day cover
* Positive feedback from internal / external customers.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
* Driving licence.
* Minimum Level 2 qualification (5 GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent)
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
* Knowledge of routine sampling methods
* Completion of Field Safety course
* Ability to understand and work in accordance with quality procedures
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
* Physically fit
* Ability to work alone, unsupervised
* Self-motivation when working alone.
* Ability to organise own workload and prioritise
* Attention to detail with methodical approach to work
* Ability to follow detailed written instructions / methods
* Being flexible enough to deal with the varying demands of the field work requirements of Scientific Services.
* Communications - impart information promptly, check understanding and operate openly and honestly.
* Innovation - look for and highlight potential improvements to ways of working.
We expect everyone to live up to our values which are:-
Customer focused - we aim to exceed the expectations of our external and internal customers
Results driven - we take personal responsibility for achieving excellent business results
One team - we work together consistently, promoting co-operation, to achieve our corporate objectives
Ethical - we are open and honest and meet our commitments with a responsible approach to the environment and our communities
Creative - we continuously strive for innovative and better ways to deliver our business
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'