Laboratory Solutions are partnered with an established environmental testing company who have two temp to perm roles they are looking to fill in their Logistics team, based in Coventry, if you are looking for your first step in to a scientific career, read on!
As a Sub Sampling Technician you will be completing a range of tasks within the Logistics department to enable the effective and efficient delivery of sample aliquots to the laboratory for analysis.
About the Position Hours Per Week: 37 hours and 5 Days Per Week: Monday to Friday (08:00 - 16:00) Basis: Full-time and temp to perm for 3 months (with potential to become permanent) and the other position is exactly the same but Tuesday to Saturday 6.30am to 2.30pm.
Annual Salary: £16,777.
Key accountabilities about the Position: · To ensure that the samples are subsampled as soon as possible after receipt from sample registration to comply with sample stability times
· To ensure all aliquots delivered to the lab are homogenous
· To check and respond to emails throughout the day.
- To achieve the hourly average subsampling target.
· To sort samples into stability order for distribution to the laboratory.
- To carry out filtration of waste water samples
- To rotate sample crate in and out of the cold room.
• To comply with the requirements of ISO 17025 & the Company quality system.
· Ad hoc duties as required to ensure that the business directives are met for you To be successful in this role you will require the following Competencies:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines · Team working · Must be able to work accurately · Good communication skills · Good problem solving skills · Good at multi-tasking and prioritising tasks
Skills and Experience · GCSEs including English, Maths and science are desirable · IT skills including knowledge of Excel, Outlook and the ability to use in house software after training.
Interested? Then please apply immediately as my client are hoping for candidates to start quickly!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'