As we prepare for winter, the UK’s testing capacity is growing. Put your previous experience to valuable use and support the Covid recovery efforts to help reopen society and the economy.
This opportunity for Sample Handlers requires individuals with the right mindset to support the smooth running of the laboratory. Your key responsibilities will include:
- taking receipt of samples
- removing exterior packaging (unboxing)
- working in a controlled area to remove clinical samples from safety bags (unbagging)
- transferring clinical samples to the laboratory
- accurate record keeping
- identifying samples unsuitable for testing
- removing packaging waste
You will also ensure relevant Standard Operating Procedures, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations and other relevant regulations and procedures are followed and well-documented.
Offering a competitive rate of pay (with a 10% uplift applied for night working), this role requires the following skills:
- Ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to work productively within a team
- Understanding of relevant health and safety policies and procedures relative to the role
- Good attention to detail
- A courteous manner
- Good communication skills
- Good standard of general education
- Manual handling skills
If you meet the essential requirements and can demonstrate the skills required - please apply today and the recruitment team will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'