Oxford BioMedica is a pioneer of gene and cell therapy and our work is helping to deliver life changing treatments.
Gene and cell therapy is the treatment of disease by the delivery of therapeutic DNA into a patient’s cells, providing long term and potentially curative treatments for a wide range of diseases. With the potential to transform medicine, the sector holds significant promise with the first commercial products now launched and others rapidly approaching the market.
Our recent successes are driving significant growth. Process Research & Development is seeking a highly motivated Sample Coordinator to join our function at Oxford BioMedica.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Involvement in activities ranging from
- Taking receipt of samples from process development and scale-up activities within the Upstream and Downstream departments of Process R&D, OXB sites, sub-contractors and customers.
- Packaging samples and booking couriers for shipment to other OXB sites, sub-contractors and clients.
- Management of In-Process Controls and Standards and also issuing samples and control materials to Scientists for analysis.
- Create inventory of all samples stored in freezers and create ‘check-in/check-out’ system of samples entering and leaving the freezers.
- Co-ordinate sample requests for analytical assays and liaise with respective teams to ensure correct samples are delivered to correct group in a timely manner.
- Implement innovative system for efficient storage, access and recording of samples and necessary sample information.
- Support development of barcoding labels and the subsequent database structures involved.
- Support Scientists with generation of labels, sample labelling, scanning, filing and archiving documents.
- Liaise with subcontractors to arrange external testing required by Process R&D.
- Develop and maintain system to ensure the timely storing or disposal of samples.
- Download and review templates, check and complete shipment documentation.
- General lab management/maintenance activities (e.g. scheduling, stock management).
- Cleaning and maintenance of specialist laboratories and equipment.
- Liaise with other members of the Process R&D group and assist with other development support activities where appropriate.
- Routinely interact with other departments and facilitate and support analytical activities.
- Carry out such other tasks as are required from time to time for the efficient running of the Company’s business upon request from your line manager or a Director of the Company.
Key skills and requirements
- Maths & English GCSE as a minimum requirement
- Solid computer skills (update spreadsheets)
- A sound understanding of basic analytical principles and processes
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in setting up databases and experience in regulated environments is essential (GXP)
In addition, desirable skills include:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent experience gained elsewhere
- Experience in handling biological and chemical samples
The individual must have a demonstrated ability to work independently and to manage multiple activities either through direct supervision or in collaboration with a project team, must be innovative and creative, show initiative, collaborative ability and have good general personal management skills. Applicants are expected to have good time management skills, with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in projects priorities and meet aggressive timelines. Should also enjoy working in a team setting and be able to work well with research scientists.
About Process Research & Development
The Process R&D group has a core function within Oxford BioMedica. It consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for systematic evaluation, optimisation and understanding for delivery to Manufacturing. As the focus shifts towards delivering processes and materials to support our LentiVector® platform products through later-stage development and market supply.
Please note that applications will only be reviewed once a CV has been attached and the Questionnaire has been completed.
No agencies please
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'