Our client is looking to recruit a Salon Manager, to be considered for this role you must have your own transport due to the location of the salon being just outside of Bedford.
Hours of work are 35 hours per week Tue 9-7, Wed 9-4.30, Fri 10-8 and Sat 8.30 - 6. A competitive salary is on offer!
SKILLS & PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED
• Friendly, warm, well presented, positive and professional person who is happy to up sell and sell products to customers.
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
• A "people person" with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently • Strong administrator with excellent organisational skills; highly efficient with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to deal professionally with clients and staff
• Manage Front of House, ensuring that clients/visitors are greeted and treated in a warm & professional manner, and that Reception operates the highest quality of service at all times.
• Operate and manage the telephone system and appointments book, dealing with all enquiries and bookings.
• Undertake day to day operational and housekeeping salon tasks.
• Ensure Reception area is presented to the highest standards at all times.
• Excellent knowledge of services & products, and strong retail sales acumen, to enable provision of useful advice to clients, and then ultimately sell products.
• Reception/salon administration tasks accurately, efficiently and in a timely fashion.
• In conjunction with Managers, manage, motivate and mentor the team.
• Update and manage social media platforms with promotions, bookings & messages.
• Undertake and manage banking & cashing up in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
• Good IT skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Power point & Social Media Channels.
• Monitor & review stock levels.
• Be the "eyes and ears" on the shop floor. Ensure the salon and staff operate effectively and efficiently at all times, to achieve the highest level of service to the client.
• Report directly to the Business Owners.
Benefits include free parking, 4 weeks per annum plus bank holidays , commission on products sold, exceptionally generous staff discount on services and hair, beauty and pension scheme.
- General Admin
- Retail Sales