My client is looking to recruit a Salesforce Support Manager to join their team in a very exciting and growing industry.
The role of the Salesforce Support Manager entails managing the team responsible for operating Application Support within Technology. It means ensuring that the business application system are developed, maintained and supported in order to achieve the efficient and effective delivery of services and information. Along with other department leaders support the Head of Technology and Programmes to deliver on aspects of the strategic initiatives for technology as defined by the the company Technology Strategy.
Also to provide employ ones own technical ability to resolve issues, support the development of applications and lead and/or support projects.
Accountabilities of the role
Applications Support involves working with ones direct reports and colleagues to make sure business applications and systems are fit for purpose and operate well with high availability.
Project management by planning and implementing individual projects or by owning key tasks in technology related projects as necessary.
Vendor management by working with key technology suppliers to make sure optimum levels of service and support, providing a conduit by which the supplier can understand company needs and requirements and supporting the company need to ensure value for money.
Team management by active and supportive management of the applications support team staff including ensuring work is proactively carried out, quality of delivery, adherence to processes and procedures and staff development and training.
Leadership by active and supportive membership of the departments leadership team contributing and supporting strategic and tactical initiatives and also displaying and encouraging others to display Technology function values.
Client focus by always seeking to understand business needs and making sure high service levels are maintained.
Responsibilities of the role
- Ensure that the business application systems are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency;
- Manage application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, in conjunction with the users and external application or service suppliers where necessary;
- Define, develop and provide an application problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems in conjunction with the technology colleagues, users and suppliers;
- Manage application projects and assist others to run their application projects, providing technical and project management input where required;
- Improve application functionality and performance and provide suggestions for system and business improvements;
- Analyse user processes and produce data and process flow diagrams as well as reports and recommendations for improvements.
- Manage application suppliers and 3rd party supporters
- Support the development of ITIL-based processes, procedures and documentation for application support;
- Support the development and maintenance of interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required;
- System configuration, scripting and new user administration as required.
- Analyse data from systems and produce technical and business reports for consumption by departmental managers as requested or required;
- Proactively manage data quality in systems;
- Directly provide user training and training materials and arrange third party training;
- Analyse user processes and support the production of data and process flow diagrams as well as reports and recommendations for improvements. Work with departments to design and implement more effective business processes;
- Manage interfaces, defined operational system processes and data extracts;
- Design and maintain interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required.
- Line manage and develop the application support team;
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time;
- Participate in the budgeting and financial management processes for technology
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong Salesforce experience
- Strong skills and good experience in supporting 3rd party and in-house developed applications
- Good knowledge of how to work with SaaS systems and providers
- A sound understanding of technical IT issues to enable discussions with internal and external technical specialists
- A sound understanding of applications and data
- Experience leading technical support teams
- 3+ years’ experience in an hands-on application support lead/manager role
- Extensive problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to independently apply production upgrades and support the products
- Experience in providing services to agreed SLA’s and OLA’s
- Experienced in Problem, Incident, and Event Management
- Experienced in Change Management
- Experience with working in an ITIL environment
- B.S. in Information Science / MIS, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering other degrees and disciplines considered with relevant work experience
Only relevant candidates will be contacted
- Application Support
- IT Management
- Technical Support
- Salesforce Administrator