We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we’re one of the UK’s leading financial protection insurers; that means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don’t know that we’ve been around for over forty years and insure more people under our Income Protection products than Aviva, Legal and General, or Canada Life - companies you’re more likely to have heard of. We are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
CRM Developers are responsible for the building and/or configuration of all system development requirements for Unum UK’s CRM (Salesforce.com). They help continually improve the platform and ensure it drives the corporate growth strategy through enhanced customer relationship management capabilities. They ensure development is delivered to high quality standards by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration.
- Support the CRM function in delivering the business strategy for CRM.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, testing and maintenance of new and existing features.
- Design, code, configure, unit test, maintain, and document deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools.
- Help co-ordinate future releases and updates to the current platforms.
- Assist with system maintenance (i.e. support any updates) and coordinating with technical support when required.
- Collaborate with other business units when working on cross platform projects.
- Improve architecture and optimise the performance & troubleshoot/resolve problems.
- Stay abreast of new functionality released by Salesforce.com
- Ensure the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with Unum’s Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
- Delivers Results Sets high goals for personal accomplishment and contribution to team/department goals; monitors progress and works diligently to meet/exceed goals.
- Develops Self & Others. Develops strong business partnerships as a result of credibility, comprehensive understanding of the business, and openness to diverse ideas/ experiences and strong leadership skills; viewed as a subject matter expert by others. Provides high level of technical/professional knowledge and mentoring; stays ahead of internal and external trends.
- Makes Effective Decisions Applies critical thinking to make good fact-based decisions after assessing potential business implications holistically; shows good judgement in options selected.
- Strong Business Acumen Applies broad business knowledge of internal/external trends and evolving customer needs to lead and drive change, provide highly credible advice/counsel, and identify potential business process/ technology improvements that best achieve business goals.
Strong Influencing Skills Uses appropriate influencing strategies and compromise to gain genuine agreement and achieve area and business goals.
Values Driven Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization; operates with highest integrity/ethics.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven technical and functional experience with Salesforce Sales/Service Cloud.
- Good understanding of CRM development best practices.
- Knowledge of common software design patterns.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce configuration & development (Apex classes & triggers, Visualforce & test methods).
- Experienced with Debugging methods.
- Application Development
- Software Design
- CRM databases
- Salesforce Administrator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job