Job Posting End Date: 12/07
We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we’re one of the UK’s leading financial protection insurers; that means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don’t know that we’ve been around for over forty years and insure more people under our Income Protection products than Aviva, Legal and General, or Canada Life - companies you’re more likely to have heard of. We are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
CRM Developers are responsible for the building and/or configuration of all system development requirements for Unum UK’s CRM (Salesforce.com). They help continually improve the platform and ensure it drives the corporate growth strategy through enhanced customer relationship management capabilities. They ensure development is delivered to high quality standards by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration.
- Support the CRM function in delivering the business strategy for CRM as part of our corporate strategy and its effective usage by the business.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, testing and maintenance of new and existing features.
- Design, code, configure, unit test, maintain, and document deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools.
- Lead the development of automated solutions to create efficiency gains for all CRM users in addition to the wider CRM team.
- Ensure application solution design conforms to agreed-upon quality attributes such as performance, fault tolerance, etc. by working with key stakeholders
- Participate in proof of concept work, prototyping, sizing and estimation activities.
- Help co-ordinate future releases and updates to the current platforms.
- Assist with system maintenance (i.e. support any updates) and coordinating with technical support when required.
- Collaborate with other business units when working on cross platform projects.
- Support the development of real-time integration with other systems and applications used within the business.
- Help drive end-user adoption of Salesforce.com through support, engagement and initiatives, thinking with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience.
- Improve architecture and optimise the performance & troubleshoot/resolve problems.
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments.
- Stay abreast of new functionality released by Salesforce.com, identifying and socialising opportunities for expanded usage and potential impacts to Unum’s application.
- Ensure the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with Unum’s Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.Behavioural Competencies:
- Delivers Results
- Sets high goals for personal accomplishment and contribution to team/department goals; monitors progress and works diligently to meet/exceed goals.
- Develops Self & Others
- Develops strong business partnerships as a result of credibility, comprehensive understanding of the business, and openness to diverse ideas/experiences and strong leadership skills; viewed as a subject matter expert by others. Provides high level of technical/professional knowledge and mentoring; stays ahead of internal and external trends.
- Makes Effective Decisions
- Applies critical thinking to make good fact-based decisions after assessing potential business implications holistically; shows good judgment in options selected.
- Strong Business Acumen
- Applies broad business knowledge of internal/external trends and evolving customer needs to lead and drive change, provide highly credible advice/counsel, and identify potential business process/technology improvements that best achieve business goals.
- Strong Influencing Skills
- Uses appropriate influencing strategies and compromise to gain genuine agreement and achieve area and business goals.
- Values Driven
- Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization; operates with highest integrity/ethics.Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven strong technical and functional experience with Salesforce Sales/Service Cloud.
- Good understanding of CRM development best practices.
- Highly skilled in analyzing business requirements demonstrating relationship building and communications skills.
- Knowledge of common software design patterns.
- Hands-on, in-depth experience with Salesforce configuration and development (Apex classes and triggers, Visualforce and test methods).
- Strong understanding of Salesforce Deployment techniques (Change sets, ANT, Force.com IDE etc.)
- Experienced with Debugging methods.
- Salesforce.com Certified Platform Developer.
- Knowledge of XML, DHTML, SOAP/REST, SOQL/SOSL SAQL and JSON.
- Experience with system integration using Webservices API's REST or SOAP methods.
- Java application development experience (J2SE and J2EE).
- Worked within a lighting environment using the Lightning design system (SLDS) or Lightning Components.
- Experience with Pardot, Marketing Cloud or Wave/Analytics Cloud.Knowledge of Agile Dev...