In this newly created position, the Sales Trainer / Coach will play a key role in shaping the future of our sales skills development and activity while positively influencing the overall capability and capacity of our sales teams.
You will be part of the Global Learning Function responsible for maximizing sales performance. You will be responsible for driving the implementation of our high performance sales program, which aims to build a strong sales capability, whilst also driving a coaching culture.
The Sales Trainer / Coach will work alongside the regional training manager and local sales leaders in identifying skills and developmental needs of the sales teams.You will be required to not only deliver existing sales content but partner to evaluate our current sales training programs and, if needed, help create additional content. Additional tasks may involveusing our suite of performance tools to identify areas of opportunity to improve team and individual performance, you will offer training and coaching solutions to support in the improvement of those key metrics and or behaviours. There is an expectation that this role could include up to 35% travel per year as required to support our other regional sales centres.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all encompassing, as you will be expected to take an active part in shaping how this role develops, however some key responsibilities are listed below.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of our overall Learning and Development strategy, with a specific focus on development of our sales teams.
- Identify the training and development needs of the sales population through job analysis, performance and talent reviews, and regular consultation with sales leaders.
- Develop local sales leadership and management capabilities, ensuring that all sales managers have the required behaviours, knowledge and skills to develop their sales teams.
- Design and develop training and development programs for all level of sales focused team members, based on both the organizations and the individual's needs.
- Use blended learning solutions and modern techniques to produce fun, impactful training and Learning interventions.
- Create and deliver ad hoc projects and training packages when required.
- Evaluate the success of individual training and the overall program.
- Amend and revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment.
- Support the delivery of new hire training as needed.
- Experience with new content creation / instructional design
- Microsoft proficient
- IT sales background (Cloud/Networking/Storage/SaaS preferred)
- SMB experience
- Experience one on one and team coaching
- Experience completing training needs analysis and deploying solutions
- a strong business and sales acumen,
- an exceptional ability to coach 'coaches’
- the leadership to challenge mindsets and drive real change
- 3 -5 years sales training and or sales coaching experience
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience leading a sales team / department
- Proven successful history of selling as an individual