Sales Territory Manager (UK)
Our client are a biotechnology company providing products and services to molecular biology laboratories worldwide.
We are seeking a Territory Manager for various regions throughout the UK. This is a home-based, remote position requiring - 50% + travel.
The Territory Manager is responsible for calling on potential and existing clients in academia, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and contract research organisations within the territory, and meeting or exceeding the territory sales plan.
The Territory Manager must become proficient in understanding the services and products (custom animal models, DNA vectors, and other cell and molecular biology products and services). Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide customer service, quotes, and consultations to prospective and existing customers.
- Facilitate decision-maker level meetings with Sales Director or Technical/Scientific Staff.
- Identify and qualify new leads through proactive site visits, walking halls, and outbound phone and email communications with potential clients.
- Meet or exceed sales goals by actively generating new leads, consistently following up with prospects, asking for business, and working with sales, leadership and technical departments to meet customer needs.
- Maintain good working relationships with all clients within the territory.
- PhD in biology or related discipline.
- Previous experience with animal models, virus packaging, &/or DNA cloning is desired. Ability to work independently under little supervision.
- Team player with a "can-do" attitude.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn.
- Sales experience preferred but not required.
- Must be fluent in English. Other languages preferred.
What we offer:
Competitive salary & commission plan.
- Full Benefits.
- Paid time off.
- Travel expenses paid.
- Molecular Biology