Reed Business Support are recruiting on behalf of a boutique 4 star hotel in the Blackburn area who are looking for an experienced Sales Team Member to join their busy and vibrant team!
Currently recruiting for a full time sales team member this role demands a high level of sales acumen, customer service, a proven ability to maximise revenue and to make sure the highest standards are delivered at all times. As a member of the Sales Team you are responsible for taking a point of contact from initial enquiry through negotiation to confirmation of sale whether in accommodation, spa, restaurant or event bookings.
• Liaising with guests over the telephone
• Following up email enquiries
• Chasing up calls
• Preparing brochures and proposals for enquiries
• Putting conference dates in the diary
• Dealing with enquiries and the sale of accommodation bookings
• Dealing with the enquiries and sale of spa bookings
• Dealing with enquiries and booking of the onsite restaurants
• Selling conferences and events over the telephone
• Processing conference and events bookings
• Liaising with other departments about customer requirements
• Negotiating rates
• Upselling of packages
• Ensuring marketing promotions run at the right time
• Updating and cleansing the database to make sure you're selling to the right people
Skills and experience required:
• Excellent people skills to help in your day to day dealings with guests
• Sound negotiation skills to agree good rates with customers
• Faultless communication and telephone skills
• Handling complaints and liaising with guests
• Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail
• Obviously your grammar needs to be sound as writing emails and letters is part of the job
Previous experience in a similar role is strongly desired. Progression opportunities for the right candidate with the opportunity to step up to a management role.
This role is based on 40 hours working 5 days out of 7 including flexibility for weekends and evenings.
Salary offered: £18,000 per annum.
Should you be interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please click on the link below and attach your most recent CV.
Please note that due to high volumes, only short listed candidates will be contacted for a first stage telephone interview.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job