The suitable candidate will be IT literate, with good numeracy skills and an eye for detail. If you have electronics experience, that is an added bonus!
1. Analysing customer bills of material, and creating a version of the BOM that can be entered/uploaded into the MRP system.
2. Checking and verifying that all items detailed in the customer BOM are required on the BOM (no-fit items, consumables etc.).
3. Ensuring that all customer approved alternative items are detailed in the BOM.
4. If required, splitting the customer BOM into multi-level BOMs in the MRP system to facilitate SMT build-ahead, etc as directed by the Account Manager.
5. Creating sub-contract BOM’s in the MRP system for programmable items (or other sub-contracted work) as needed.
6. Loading BOM headers and BOM lines into the MRP system by CSV file format upload and/or manually as required.
7. Raising and solving queries of a technical nature regarding BOM items by consultation with Account managers, Purchasing and Engineering. These queries may be concerning the verification of alternative part approval, correct stock code selection, anomalies on customer BOM (part mismatch etc), verification of BOM qty vs board references etc.
8. Ensuring for each built product that the BOM structure and detail in the MRP system is complete and accurate - including:
<span style="display: inline !important; float: none; background-color
- Computer Literate
- BOM creation