We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Support Administrator to join our fantastic organisation. Based at our Cramlington site you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive, successful relationships with customers on behalf of the company by taking complete responsibility for each customer interaction by telephone or by e-mail and ensuring all customer requirements are fully met.
Part of the BioProduction (BPD) Division the team in Cramlington produce our range of Single-Use Technologies (SUT) which are typically used by biopharma companies around the world for drug development. We produce more than 2,000 products for our growing customer base and have been producing these products at Cramlington since 1997.
The Sales Support Administrator must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal including, and not limited to; exceptional telephone interaction skills, strong email and computer skills and exceptional detail orientation combined with the ability to solve problems. The post-holder will have excellent interpersonal skills.
Job duties associated with the position include order entry, order management, timely and effective management of e-mail communication, processing of quotations and management of quotation renewals; processing of returns, problem resolution, resolving invoice queries, and involvement in ensuring appropriate transportation is scheduled in conjunction with the internal Logistics Department and transport providers (where necessary). The post-holder will also be involved in resolving delivery issues, following tracking procedures to ensure on time delivery, providing customers with regular order status overviews, attending conference calls as required and all other aspects of sales support.
The position performs a variety of tasks to support the Key Account/Area Sales Managers and acts as an internal account representative for designated accounts, responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with key customers on behalf of the company by taking ownership and accountability for ensuring that customer needs are met.
Preferred education & experience:
- A general standard of education - GCSE or equivalent
- Ideally fluency in European languages
- Experience in a Customer Service, Customer Experience, Customer Support or equivalent is preferred and ideally within the manufacturing or distribution industries
- Previous experience in developing customer relations and demonstrable interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
Key skills & abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional problem solving skills combined with exceptional computer skills/literacy including knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications
- A strong desire to succeed combined with the ability to execute on multiple tasks (working calmly and accurately under pressure) whilst being self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team, however, with little direct supervision
- Ability to ensure and influence customer satisfaction by demonstrating tact, sensitivity, and professionalism through demonstration of excellence in organization and team management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships and assist the Key Account/Areas Sales Managers and representatives by way of detailed monitoring of open orders and communication over prospective orders, appropriate follow up via telephone or email and offering pre and post customer service for complex custom orders and projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal functions including (and not limited to) Production, Scheduling, Logistics, QC & QA, Product Management (USA) and Finance, updating regularly to guarantee customer requirements are met
- Ability to support strategic commercial sales plans and marketing strategies as may be outlined by Senior Management and Leadership, including the European Sales Director and local Sales Support Manager
- Ability to demonstrate excellent telephone skills reflecting a positive, professional, customer centred organization including the ability to effectively utilize a networked telephone system
- Ability to consistently and accurately implement high-volume order entry including the ability and willingness to learn and embrace specific order management procedures and to adhere to the Company’s instructions and policies related to order management and to meet established order entry goals
- Ability to effectively present and discuss Company products and services to current and prospective customers to ensure a image of quality, integrity, and superior understanding of our products and services is conveyed at all times
- Ability to respond to customer complaints and concerns immediately and facilitate mutually agreeable resolutions
- Ability and willingness to undertake training as part of the role and to develop others
- Availability and ability to work overtime at short notice dependent upon business need
- Willingness and availability to travel up to 10% of time dependent upon the needs of the business
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required within the remit of the role
- To understand and accept personal responsibilities for Health & Safety on site in compliance with UK legislation and the Company’s Health & Safety Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Order Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job