Sales Support Administrator - Twickenham Borough - Temp to Perm - £11.50 per hour
Lamb Personnel are looking for a Sales Support Administrator to join our client, a leading wealth management company, based in Richmond, Surrey.
Specialising in searching the market for interesting high yielding investments and "walking the talk" by placing their own funds in these opportunities, our client runs a global network of sophisticated and high net worth investors with bases in the UK, Israel, Singapore and China.
Hours of business: Monday to Friday 09.30 - 16.30 with one hour for lunch. (This is a temp to perm role, the hours may also increase as you progress in the role)
- To increase the productivity of the sales team by taking on as many of their duties as possible that can reasonably be delegated
- To be the first line of contact for callers and visitors to the office
- To look after new members, send welcome packs and notify them of relevant upcoming events
Sales Team Support
- Registering new sales enquiries with the relevant investment providers and ensuring the database is up to date
- Liaise with the back office teams of our investment partners from the point of reservation to completion of the investment, ensuring that documents and funds are where they should be at the required time in the process.
- Oversee meeting room diary
- Organise telephone meetings for the company
New enquiries and club members
- Send out information packs to enquirers and welcome packs to new members.
- Send log in details to new members
- Set up calls for our chairman with new members
- Call all non- new members to welcome them
- Make routine `how`s it going` calls to members who have not been contacted for a while and with whom we are not engaged in a live sales opportunity (lists will be provided by the sales team)
- Liaise with the sales and marketing team to ensure events are publicised to the right groups of people
- Call the target guests and explain why the meeting might be of benefit to them
- Manage the number of bookings and advise marketing team when events are close to sold out
- Produce the required event materials e.g name cards, handouts
- Attend the events, welcome guests, assist with smooth running and liaise with venue staff over any issues or last minute requirements
- Answer inbound phone calls and route them to the appropriate person
- Ensure the offices remain tidy and ready to receive guests
- Monitor stocks of consumables and advise a director when reorders are required
- Routine office duties as needed eg filing, shredding, recorded delivery packages
Key Performance Indicators
- Feedback from sales team on effectiveness of support provided
- Feedback from investment partners on effectiveness of support provided
- Number of proactive calls per day for events and `how`s it going` - target 30
- Number of packs sent per day - as needed, typically low volume
- Number of delegates booked onto live events
- Feedback from delegates and visitors on the events they attend
For more information, please contact Aimee Weston by email:
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our clients requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
- attention to detail
- sales administration