Job Title: Sales Specialist
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Specialist in Heysham, Lancashire for Alfa Aesar who are part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. We are well on our way to becoming your one-stop source for chemicals, metals and materials, and life science products for all your research and development applications. For more than 50 years, scientists have relied on Alfa Aesar as a service-oriented chemicals supplier.
How will you make an impact?
You will utilize your excellent communication and organization skills to service all the speciality chemical needs for customers in their territory, from enquiry through sourcing, quotation, expediting and after sales care. Using your commercial experience you will work collaboratively with the inside sales team, field sales reps, commercial management teams as well as other departments and sites within the business to ensure that we provide first class service to our customers.
What will you do?
- Manage key accounts to meet/exceed budget for both catalogue and bulk sales as directed.
- Work with Senior Sales Specialist/Field Sales Reps/Business Development Manager to establish preferred supplier status at target accounts.
- Establish a program of customer visits to establish and build relationships at key accounts, as required.
- Work with Customer Services to process sales orders in accordance with established systems and procedures to ensure that the correct goods are supplied to our customers within promised time scales.
- Track and chase purchase orders for bulk orders to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Become fully conversant with the capabilities of the computerised Sales Order Processing system & Salesforce; use the information from the system in a pro-active manner liaising with Management/Specialists to ensure that business opportunities are investigated and acted upon.
- Provide monthly reports to an agreed format.
How will you get here?
- Commercial experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (Science/Chemistry related)
- Experience within the chemical industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to lead with little supervision and an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards Computer System.
- Basic computer skills along with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Commercial Awareness
- Organization Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job