SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognised as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas and welcome people who challenge the way we do things. We will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Sales Specialist (Maternity Cover) to join our successful Academy business for a period of 10 months. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring every customer has the perfect training experience through exceptional customer service and advice whilst undertaking sales activities to increase SGS Academy sales in the UK.
The salary for this role is £19,000 - £22,800 based on experience, plus commission. SGS also offer an excellent benefits package including a minimum of 23 days' holiday increasing with service, private health cover, childcare vouchers and discount schemes, plus a contributory stakeholder pension.
- The Sales Specialist will be the key point of initial enquiry to our clients within their region from direct sources e.g. Helpline, web or sales support. They will be responsible for answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products, as well as proposing solutions to the client and closing the sale.
- The main element will be establishing new business from initial enquiries in order to satisfy requirements, however regular proactive follow ups and relationship building with attendees of public courses is expected.
- To liaise with tutors in planning dates & coordinating sub-contractors, to ensure all courses are professionally and cost effectively resourced whilst evaluating the most appropriate and relevant from the pool available.
- To ensure that a new sales benchmark is achieved by a mixture of proactive and reactive business development.
- Record and maintain all enquiries on the CRM system, ensuring all leads are followed up and closed appropriately on the system.
- To undertake the relevant steps to ensure an accurate proposal covering the customer requirements is issued.
- To raise accurate proposals in response to requests received in a timely manner that meet high levels of customer and quality expectations and internal KPI’s.
- To use the current CRM system to record all sales activities to ensure the information is centrally documented and accessible and will enable effective marketing and business development opportunities to be maximised.
- To contribute to the marketing ideas and campaigns, for more effective marketing initiatives and increased sales.
- To provide feedback of activities in the prescribed format in a monthly report to the line manager one day before the end of each month and submit at least one business highlight per month.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a customer service/sales related post. They must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate well with other.
Experience of working within a training business would be advantageous although training will be provided.
Applicants must hold a minimum of secondary level education or equivalent with Grade A-C passes in English and Maths.
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job