Job title: Sales Representative - pet trade
Location: South East - ideally based Guildford
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + generous bonus, car and benefits
Sector: Pet trade
Job type: permanent
Job reference: NH 19643
- A successful, profitable and well-established pet trade supplier.
- Very well resourced and investing for growth.
- Great products and brands.
- A bonus package that rewards high performance.
A privately owned multi-channel pet food supplier with an impressive reputation. With a strong portfolio of brands this business trades successfully in all retail channels and offers the range, price points and support required by the most demanding buyers. This new role has been created as part of the company’s growth strategy
The role of Sales Representative - Pet trade:
Home based, you will work as a key member of a team of 4 Representatives and report to the National Sales Manager. Calling on pet shops and garden centres you will inherit a partly established customer base and be responsible for:
- Cover an area from Kent to Hampshire under the Thames / M4.
- 'Map’ the area to ensure all existing and prospect customers are built into a journey plan.
- Assessing sales history to establish an effective journey plan.
- Identify and convert key prospects in your area.
- Create specific objectives for every customer that will drive new product listings and increased turnover.
- Regular meetings with all customers to assess opportunities and provide training and merchandising support.
- Achieving sales and activity targets.
- Feedback of market issues to the Sales Manager.
Sales Representative - Pet trade:
We are looking for an experienced Sales Representative with a proven ability to grow sales turnover with independent retailers. Pet trade experience is not necessary, but we are looking for a high performer who can win new accounts, grow existing accounts and will be motivated by the opportunity to earn substantial bonuses.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Ideally living in Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire or South West London.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Sales Representative or experience from a retail pet store.
- A proven track record of successfully dealing with independent retailers.
- An ability to merchandise and provide in-store product training.
- A great communicator at all levels with excellent negotiating, influencing and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the desire, enthusiasm, drive, determination, tenacity and ability to achieve results.
The job holder will enjoy a competitive basic salary and bonus scheme (up to 30% of salary) plus car (or allowance)
For more information and to apply please contact:
Closing date for applications is Friday 13 April. If you have not heard from us by Monday 16th April we regret that your application will have been unsuccessful.