My client is a global supplier of transport and logistics services. The role of the sales representative is to win new business and work to agreed budget targets and also work as an integral part of the sales team, with responsibility for generating new business opportunities and account management that will produce desired revenue goals.
- My client is a global supplier of transport and logistics services.
- My client offers road transport, air freight, sea fright, and logistic solutions.
- Years of experience of hands-on field work with international transport and logistics has earned my client invaluable knowledge and expertise.
- To win new business and work to agreed budget targets.
- To strengthen market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and
securing new business by closing the sale.
- Services to existing and potential clients ensuring a profitable return for the company in accordance with company procedures, operational procedures and statutory requirements,
- including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and ensuring the profit of the company.
- Complete sales reports, manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system.
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures.
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Liaise closely with Market Managers and staff at the relevant location and establish a close working relationship.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times to enhance company profile.
- Provide statistics / analysis as defined / required
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of competition and market place activity, reporting back any trends or developments.
- Building relationships with key decision makers.
- A results orientated, hard working, self starter who has a good understanding of the
- Logistics industry with strong closing skills.
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Excellent processing & time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistent
- Possess a full driving license.
£34k - £37k Base
Other great benefits.