Title: Sales Representative (FMCG Non Food)
Region: Oxford/High Wycombe/Slough/Aylesbury
Sector: FMCG Non Food
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 DOE + 15% annual bonus + fully expensed company car + fuel card
A £multi-million turnover non-food consumer goods supplier. This company has a strong globally known identity, reinforced by powerful TV advertisement. They specialise in supplying the garden and outdoor industry with state of the art consumer products. Anything from seeds to garden tools to weed prevention sprays. They do it and they need you to sell it. Their typical customers are garden centres/hardware stores.
As a Sales Representative, you will inherit an established client base covering a defined area, this will cover the M40 corridor, to include, Oxford, Luton, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and down to the M4. The current area is well established, currently turning over £2.3m, so this role will be split into managing existing business and trying to grow within, as well as chasing new business where you can implement new lines. You will be tasked with following your own journey plan, keeping up to date with latest product launches/changes and delivering against an annual revenue target.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Create and follow a journey plan that achieves the business targets.
- Build trusting relationships with garden centres & hardware stores.
- Present the benefits of stocking the brand and be proactive in winning display space.
- Identify new opportunities.
- Report against the area sales plan.
- Indirectly manage the areas merchandisers.
The person for this Sales Representative role:
We are looking for an experienced field sales professional with a background in FMCG sales and ideally someone with an interest in the Agriculture/Horticulture/Garden arena, however other strong candidates will be considered from FMCG. A proven ability to manage a sales area with regular field sales visits is crucial. In addition, we are looking for:
- Based in the Banbury, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Luton area.
- A dynamic individual and a self starter.
- A proven track record in customer retention.
- Excellent sales skills. Able to influence decisions and close for sales orders.
- Great personality - positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily.
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets.
- Possess the potential and desire to progress to a more senior role.
- Due to the shape and size of the products an element of physical fitness is required.
Generous performance-based bonus on achievement of key objectives. Company car, more will be revealed subject to applying.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response, we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.