Our client, an expanding curtain and blind company based in Stoke Newington, is looking for a professional, driven and dynamic Business Development/Sales Representative to join their successful team.
Reporting to the Directors, you will be responsible for promoting the Company’s products, winning new clients and looking after existing client accounts.
This is a new role for the business and therefore you will need to create and develop a successful market strategy. Previous sales experience in the soft furnishings environment is essential.
Location: Stoke Newington, North London
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
Type of contract: Permanent
Salary: £20,000, plus commission (negotiable)
Benefits: 28 days paid holiday
Main duties include:
- Develop new business by creating and following potential leads, cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business and utilising existing contacts
- Attend client meetings, understand their business and requirements and present the Company’s product range and services accordingly
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement, produce proposal documents and close sales
- Continually seek to increase and improve sales opportunities and ensure repeat business
- Manage a portfolio of accounts, act as the Company contact and ensure excellent customer service at all times
- Identify networking opportunities to raise the profile of the Company, including attendance at trade exhibitions and events
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with clients in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Record and monitor sales and order information, liaise with the other team members, fully briefing them on the needs of clients
- Keep up to date with the full product range
- Any other duties not specified above, which are consistent with this level and nature of position
Requirements for the role:
- Proven business to business sales experience in the soft furnishings industry, by phone and face to face
- Previous client/account management experience
- Excellent commercial awareness
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to generate new business leads
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time-management and organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop professional relationships with a wide range of people inside and outside the company
- Flexible approach to changing circumstances with willingness to take on new tasks and experiences
- Driving licence valid in the UK with no more than 3 points and own vehicle
If this job sounds of interest and you have the skills and experience described above, please forward your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have not had a response within 14 days we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Customer Service
- New Clients
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job