The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the sales and purchase ledger functions for the Company, working alongside the Financial Controller.
This is a part time role, 30 hours per week over 4 days.
Sales Ledger Duties
- Manage the customer invoice processing for customers
- Involving checking of general ledger records
- Transfer of invoices from stock system
- Checking of sales codes for analysis; invoice correctness
- Tax compliance
- Ensuring client receives their invoice
- Coordinate and communicate with sales management
- Reconcile customer statements
- Perform credit checks, determine credit limits, and review on a regular basis
- Generate aged debtor reports and contact customers to chase overdue balances
Purchase Ledger Duties
- Manage the supplier invoice processing for suppliers, and employee expenses
- Verification that invoices are correct and tax compliant
- Ensure that the purchase receipt, customs documents are present
- Investigate discrepancies to ensure that all purchase orders and invoices match
- Generate proposed payment runs and obtain approval
Accounts - General
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is obtained to justify ledger entries
- Reconcile the sales/purchase ledgers
- Ensure that VAT is correctly applied to invoices
- Reconcile VAT to taxable sales
- Maintain a list of contracts with customers/suppliers
- Provide details for accruals to the Financial Controller at month-end
- Ensure that all payments are matched against invoices
- Ensure sales and purchase ledgers are current
- Document credit balances and ensure that these are confirmed
- Must have relevant practical experience with credit collections and accounts receivable/ payable management
- Minimum five years relevant working experiences in accounting and account payable/
receivable/credit collections environment.
- Must have Excel skills and be used to working with an ERP preferably Sage or an equivalent.
- Must have experience and feel comfortable working in a small accounting office where there is a requirement to multi-task.
- Results oriented and able to communicate at all levels with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working for a manufacturing company would be a distinct advantage
- Studying towards an accountancy qualification
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job