We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Progressor or Conveyancing Assistant to join our busy, driven team on a 4 month temporary basis at our head office in Barlborough, Chesterfield?
Avant Homes is a privately-owned housebuilder which currently operates in Scotland, north east England, Yorkshire and the Midlands - last year we built over 1,600 homes.
Avant Homes is pioneering change in the UK housebuilding industry by constantly challenging the status quo. We are restless in discovering better ways to design, specify and deliver outstanding homes - hugely ambitious and accelerating towards our next milestone of becoming a £500m turnover, 2,000 unit per annum developer.
Due to continued success and growth, we are currently recruiting for a talented Sales Progressor to join our in-house legal team on a 4 month temporary basis. The ideal candidate will have experience within a Sales Progressor role for a developer, Estate Agent or have worked as a Conveyancing Assistant for a Solicitors or legal firm and be able to demonstrate that they have the requisite skills to undertake a sales progression role.
The position is based in Barlborough, Chesterfield and will be a 4-month fixed term contract initially, with the possible opportunity to progress into a permanent position for the right candidate.
- £20,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience)
- 5-month, full time position
- Private healthcare cover
- Company pension
- My Avant Rewards
- 25 days holiday etc.
Sales Progressor Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for proactively progressing the sales process once a reservation has been secured on one of our outstanding properties.
The role is to liaise with our regional customers, their buyers, all solicitors, estate agents, financial advisers and others within the sales chain to ensure the free flowing of communication for all parties involved and, once a sale has been agreed, to ensure that the transaction progresses as quickly as possible to an exchange of contracts and then completion.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Driving sales progression to tight deadlines.
- Actively updating the sales teams to enable the business to accurately forecast on sales.
- Verifying that chain information collected at point of reservation is accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring that each sale is actively chased and facilitated by liaising with all key parties in the chain, including estate agents, solicitors, purchasers, financial advisers and other key parties as necessary.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls to clients, agents, and any other third parties in connection with conveyancing matters.
- Providing regular update reports to the sales and in-house conveyancing teams.
- Appropriately prioritising progress chasing depending upon the completion deadline.
- Problem solving and overcome any challenges with the sale thus preventing sales falling through.
- Ensuring smooth and speedy conversion of reservation through to exchange of contracts.
The ideal Sales Progressor:
To be considered for this position, you will either have previous experience in a sales progression environment which will either be from a background in Estate Agency or plot progression for a new homes developer. Alternatively we will also consider individuals that have experience in a legal environment as a Conveyancing Assistant.
You will also possess;
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational and prioritisation skills
- A pro-active and ‘can do’ approach
- A good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- A high standard of English grammar and diction
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- A polite and professional demeanour at all times.
- Sales Progressor Building Property