Salary: to £22k
This role will suit a candidate who is ideally from a supplier/sub contractor/procurement/purchasing or logistics background who is happy to process sales orders and arrange transportation and containers. You need to have experience of being accountable and not just following a process which will probably come from working within a smaller company where you are responsible for your actions.
You should have experience of one or more of the following:- UK pallet freight, parcel shipments, supplier management, order processing and facilitating the logistical/operational elements of order processing. If you have export knowledge and/or experience then so much the better.
This is a great platform for you to develop within a small business. You must be able to demonstrate that you are experienced, confident, honest, accountable and willing to meet a dynamic workload head on.
You will be part of a close knit team within a global engineering business, based in Poole, who design and manufacture both off the shelf and custom engineered products.
You will be supervised day to day by a co-ordinator, in a team of 2 so you need to be able to hit the ground running with some experience to back you up.
Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager and Sales Orders Coordinator, you will work within our clients Order Processing Team, who bring customer orders to life and handle the crucial logistical elements ensuring 'on time first time’ customer delivery.
The role demands will be exciting and varied, driven by our global customers order requirements. As a result it requires a 'pro-active team player’, who is capable of prioritising tasks and communicating effectively.
They are very much 'one team’ and as a result the willingness and ability to support colleagues, working closely and professionally with other Departments and Management is absolutely essential.
Proven administrative experience and/or specific order processing administration experience, in a production and supply chain environment, is highly advantageous and preferable.
Basic Role Overview
- Reviewing customer purchase orders ensuring our order processing meets customer requirements
- Conducting sales order processing within a CRM system
- Liaising with the Sales Department daily to confirm customer order acknowledgements
- Raising and sending despatch paper work to a subcontractor
- Raising and sending purchase orders (PO’s) for job specific items (e.g. packing materials)
- Raising and sending certificates of conformity and product user instructions
- Attaching certificates and despatch notes within our CRM system
- Obtaining and filing signed collection notes
- Obtaining transport quotations and liaising with suppliers on a daily basis
- Booking transport and logistical requirements to facilitate order delivery
- Sending packing information to customers and subcontractors
- Ordering minor stock items (e.g. packing materials and fasteners)
- Administration of the approved supplier database
- General Sales & Order Processing Team administration and filing support
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job