This a challenging, hybrid opportunity combining sales operations analysis, best practice and project/change management based in a FTSE 250 company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide.
We are looking for a proactive Sales Operations specialist with a pragmatic mentality and exceptional communication/analytical skills to provide support to a friendly Sales Operations Director, sales team and channel partners of a fast-growing business unit. This is a pivotal hire for the team during a time of growth, internal transformation and fast-track product/service evolution.
Working closely with the SOD, your primary responsibility is to provide direct support to the sales team across a variety of programmes and initiatives (eg sales incentives, demos, process improvement) to maximise efficiency, effectiveness, and ultimately sales productivity.
This will require strong organisation, planning, reporting and analytical skills coupled with an interest in commercial business practices. You will be a confident user of Excel and Salesforce, able to identify and act on key metrics and trends.
As you will also represent the business unit’s interests across the company to improve sales effectiveness in general, you will enjoy forming meaningful professional relationships quickly, operate as a do-er, fixer and ambassador for improvement, going about your work in a transparent, upbeat and practical way.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar wholesaler/channel sales operations environment
- Systems knowledge: proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce and BI and data manipulation tools (ideally Tableau, although training can be given)
- Robust, independent and versatile: accustomed to interfacing for sales staff into technical, commercial and other business functional relationships
- Strong ability to analyse data and draw conclusions, speak up and prioritise tasks
- Excellent customer ethos
- Experience/awareness of how projects/programmes are run