Help Resourcing Limited are working with a large independent Builders Merchant. They have stores in London and Hertfordshire with over 280 staff and sell 22,000 different building, electrical, plumbing and DIY products to the construction industry.
They are a family run organisation who offer a very competitive package with great prospects within the company. They are also extremely well established with nearly 40 years experience in the industry. They want to drive and develop their business following the addition of a 65,000 sq ft distribution warehouse linked to their existing Watford store.Role:
Sales Office ManagerReporting to:
Sales DirectorOverall purpose of the job
- To manage, motivate and lead the central sales team to provide an internal sales and sales administrative function maximising enquiry conversion to orders within the guideline of MP Moran pricing policies.
- To establish and develop a stable client base to support company sales and margin.
- To co-ordinate sales activities.
- To liaise with operational and external sales team and the sales director.
- To co-ordinate sales activities.
- Key relationships externally with customers and suppliers and internally with External Sales Team, Branch Manager’s, Department Head’s & Head Office Departments.
Customer Service and Performance
- To provide exemplary customer service.
- To assist Sales Director in setting pricing policy and sales targets.
- To respond to telephone sales enquiries, pricing with current guidelines, to maximise their conversion to profitable orders.
- To ensure follow up of all quotations, to check competitiveness and to secure sales.
- To ensure the phone is answered in line with company guidelines to provide the best customer experience and we answer all calls within three rings.
- To provide both sales and management with feedback on pricing levels, to advise suitability and to allow any amendments necessary.
- To maintain content and accuracy of sales daybook and manage the daily sales summary report.
- To assist sales personnel with project tracking of potential business.
- To answer customer enquiries generally, advising product availability, delivery dates, transport schedules and product lead-times promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that customer complaints are dealt with in a fair and reasonable manner to resolve problems quickly and satisfactorily for all parties concerned.
- Lead, monitor and motivate employees.
- Identify employee training needs and ensure that it is implemented through Head Office.
- Ensure good communication exists throughout the department and the senior management team.
- Work with HR to recruit personnel and assist in interviewing candidates.
- Cross reference and check all confirmation orders, advising any amendments necessary to originals and liaise with suppliers on schedules for incoming goods for specials.
- Cross reference, check and confirm dates and content of direct deliveries as they fall due.
- To pass checked and confirmed direct deliveries to invoicing and checking order monitor.
- To liaise with Central Transport to advise customers of any alterations to delivery schedules.
- To maintain own price lists and ensure all relevant parties are aware of product price increases.
- To ensure current and updated price lists are used throughout the Department.
- To ensure current and updated manufacturer literature files are at the Department.
- To liaise with Buying Department in arranging relevant product training.
- Carry out performance reviews in line with company procedure and create personal development plans for each member of the team
- Identify employee performance issues, absence and disciplinary issues and manages in line with HR processes
- To offer credit facilities to prospective customers, observing the credit control procedures and
develop sales by opening new trading accounts.
- To take heed of credit control disciplines in the course of all transactions, with particular regard to credit limits and to accounts on stop and observe company security procedures when dealing with cash sales.
- Ensure you are familiar with health and safety rules and regulations and that your responsibilities as an employee, in respect of health and safety are carried out in full.
- Any other duty reasonably requested by management.
This list in not exhaustive and may be subject to additions and amendments
- Attractive basic salary of up to £40-45,000 depending on experience
- Performance related KPI bonus
- Excellent career progression
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Mobile Phone/Laptop
If you feel you have the right skills for this position please apply today.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successfully short-listed applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days of sending your application, please presume that you have not been successful on this particular occasion.
- Business Development
- Strategic Business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job