Our client is a privately owned global stockist and distributor of precise components for the aerospace industry. This highly successful Hertfordshire based company supplies components to a wide variety of airlines, OEM’s and their sub-contractors throughout the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
The Role & Responsibilities
Reporting into the company’s Managing Director, there is a strategic requirement to recruit a suitably experienced Sales & Marketing Director. The individual will get heavily involved with: growing global sales, managing export and sales staff and being a pro-active and key member of the senior management team.
Core responsibilities will entail:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing the sales strategy - Delivering against strategic financial sales targets, aiming to increase values and gross margins
- Managing and developing the UK & Export sales teams - monitoring and reporting on performance in line with expectations
- Developing relationships with senior executives at large aerospace companies, with the aim of increasing market share within these businesses and their sub-contractors
- Demonstrating a clear view of current market position within the industry, building knowledge of competitors and staying close to trends in the sector
The individual will be based at the company’s UK office in Hertfordshire but will travel to customer sites as and when necessary.
Experience & Background
- Senior level sales & marketing leadership experience from working within technical products/services provider businesses - experience from within the aerospace is preferred but not necessary
- A track record of developing sales operations, processes and running successful teams
- Expertise in developing and implementing successful sales strategies
- Energetic, intelligent and professional with the ability to motivate and lead others
- Attractive Base salary
- Discretionary bonus and a broad range of other company benefits
- Senior Management