- The company is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging including plastic and rigid paperboard to the industrial and consumer, healthcare markets.
- Sales Manager
- The role involves planning, managing and organising the Sales function within the planned territory, ensuring intended targets of sales and profit margins are achieved in line with the business’ strategic goals.
- Contribute to the planning of sales policy for the territory, including specific focus on the competition.
- Co-ordinate and ensure a fast and effective response to requests for proposals, presentations, quotations and samples.
- Achieve planned sales turnover, volume, selling price targets, margins and other agreed performance related goals.
- Seek to differentiate the company’s products and service to customers, thereby maximizing margins, generating real value for the customers and securing the business for the long term.
- Develop strong and durable customer relationships at all levels.
- Effectively handle customer problems and complaints within agreed guidelines, through to a mutually acceptable conclusion.
- Continuously seek new opportunities in the market and make recommendations for development.
- Continuously monitor existing business levels and report on competitor activity. Make recommendations to respond if appropriate.
- Provide the North European Sales Director with accurate and timely sales information as required. This is to include accurate sales forecasts.
- Full participation in the setting of realistic sales budgets and goals.
- Successfully negotiate prices and contracts.
Personal Attributes & Experience:
- Must have strong initiative and enthusiasm.
- Excellent customer focus required.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to deliver results and desire to succeed.
- Analytical, with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to get the task done, with a flexible approach.
- Must be an excellent team player with good interpersonal skills; able to communicate at all levels.
- Strong commercial acumen.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Degree in Business Studies or subject relevant to the sale of packaging in the UK market.
- Fluent in German would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- At least 3-5 years’ experience within a sales or procurement environment.
- Customer focussed with an ability to increase margins.
- Understanding of the P&L.
- Developed time management skills, with an ability to balance demand among various projects.
- Negotiating and influencing Skills
- Fluent in German or French.
- Knowledge of packaging and retail environment.
- Up to £40,000, car and benefits depending on experience.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking then please contact us on a confidential basis.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'