We have a new opportunity not to be missed at Motorpoint for a Field BasedSales Manager to join the team. You will join us on full time, permanent contract and in return you will receive a highly competitive salary and package!
Motorpoint is the UK’s largest independent car retailer selling new and nearly new cars up to three years old and with less than 25,000 miles - saving each customer £7,000 on average off the new list price in the process. It operates from twelve locations in Birmingham, Birtley, Burnley, Castleford, Chingford, Derby, Glasgow, Newport, Oldbury, Peterborough, Sheffield and Widnes. Motorpoint also has a UK-based call centre based in Derby dealing with online enquiries.
The Sales Manager Role
As our Sales Manager you will support the General Manager to build and maintain a positive culture on site.
Key responsibilities as our Sales Manager
- Flexible to travel – national/regional role
- Cover for current Sales Managers and Sales Controllers when on holiday
- Generate and sustain team engagement of the sales team
- Coach and develop a successful and engaged sales team
- Take steps to increase market penetration, in order to achieve KPI’s
- Demonstrate ability to generate impressive results by increasing sales performance, profitability and operating efficiency
- Understand customer buying process and ensure sales team are in line with processes
- Possess a positive “hands on” approach to the role as well as have the ability to lead and motivate a developing sales team.
- Ensure that steps are taken to ensure safe working processes are followed and provision of H&S legislation are complied with.
- Innovation to increase footfall and sales in site
- Encourage and inspire the team to achieve targets and make suggestions to enhance performance which drive results
- Create a positive and empowering working environment resulting in team retention
- Conduct regular performance reviews to set objectives and provide coaching and support to deliver results
- Lead, coach and develop the
Skills and Experience required by our Sales Manager
- People management skills – coaching and mentoring
- Track record of leading a high performing team
- Strategic thinker with a pragmatic approach to achieving business goals
- A strong background in developing/ leading employee engagement
- Confident communicator who is able to build trust and credibility quickly
- Highly visible and able to offer proactive solutions and ideas
- Demonstrable experience of influencing change
- Proven track record of exceeding sales and profit targets through inspirational leadership, coaching and customer service
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Collaborative team player concerned with the team success as well as individual performance
- Visible Leadership skills - can motivate others to achieve
- Exceptional ability to establish rapport and build positive relationships with people quickly
- Well organised, with a high level of concern for quality and the delivery of excellent customer service
So if you would like to join our team as a Sales Manager or find out more information, then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'